The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Political Blogs versus Big Media? It’s the wrong question to ask > Comments

Political Blogs versus Big Media? It’s the wrong question to ask : Comments

By Mark Bahnisch, published 22/4/2005

Mark Bahnisch argues that blogging reflects broader social patterns and this political interactivity is a sign of the times.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
You are right that Bloggers are subjected to peer review which I believe keeps standards very high. This is not the case with main stream media where the only way to comment is via a letter to the Editor, which is always highly censored. This is what Rupert Murdoch was on about in a recent speech when he says natives (his term for modern consumers) start a blog and don't waste time writing to the Editor.

The other thing about blogs and online articles is that the quality of material is so much higher than in mainstream media. Before you had to be a card carrying journalist to have an article published even thou the only skill the journo had was writing and knew next to nothing of the subject matter.

I much pefer places like Online Opinion where I can read articles (whether I agree with them or not) written by people who actually know what they talking about. As I say to a lot of people, what exactly is the difference between a Mike Carlton or a Piers Ackerman and that of a regular Blogger? Not much if you ask me. So why are news papers paying these people when there are better opinionist out there publishing for free.
Posted by Chris Abood, Monday, 25 April 2005 4:35:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy