The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Toxic shock: how the West used Somalia as a dump > Comments

Toxic shock: how the West used Somalia as a dump : Comments

By Daniel Flitton, published 20/4/2005

Daniel Flitton argues that third world countries have become a cheap and convenient dumping ground for our toxic waste.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Dear friends,

This article is the most shocking thing I have ever read. What this people have done/are doing is no less than a carnage as bloody as the Nakasaki and Heroshima of Japan. What is even more shocking is that the dumping process is very likely to be continuing for there is no authority in place to stop them.

Who wants to sleep on silk clothes and enjoy products that massacred the world’s most vulnerable humans? Hunger left them sunken eyes and weathered hands now pollution will keep them in an environmental gas chamber.

I would suggest that we get together and create an organisation to stand for this people. We should lobby the world to bring those behind this massacre to account. The UN should set up a tribunal for this.

I am from Uganda, a small beautiful East African country often called the Pearl of Africa, the Switzerland of Africa, and the mother of the river Nile (source of the Nile). I have a fear that if this people get away with what they did to Somalia they will do it else where. Today it is Somalia, tomorrow Uganda and another day Australia and NewZealand.

Thanks to Mr. Daniel Flitton.

Hassan N. (rannieb@hotmail.com)
Posted by Hassan-Human Rights Consultant, Thursday, 21 April 2005 11:26:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy