The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The true meaning of 666 > Comments

The true meaning of 666 : Comments

By Chuck Huckaby, published 21/4/2005

Chuck Huckaby explains the original meaning of the number '666'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Thanks, Chuck for an interesting rundown on the subject.

You wised me up on Solomon with aspects I had not come across before.

I assume that, having made a speciality in the study of religion, you would have not only an in-depth grasp of Christianity, but also some inkling of other religious beliefs as well.

I have only a blurry key-hole vision of Taoism, and it whets my appetite. It is also important from the point of view that many millions of people are quiet followers of that philosophy.

It is not that I want to swim in that pond, but while plenty of material exists in relation to the religious beliefs of ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, Scandinavia, of modern India, etc. I can't find much on Taoism.

If you have a mind to do so,I would appreciate an article on Taoism. And it would give balance to the current heavy concentration by the media on one aspect of Christianity.

Thank you

Colin
Posted by colinsett, Thursday, 21 April 2005 9:25:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chuck,

666 and its meaning is good discussion but first have you addressed what your soul is and do you know how it is in your everyday life and if not then you first need to start there.

After-all this is religion where each of us who believes also first has to act on pure faith with no conclusive evidence that a god exists. Once that is done then everything else follows including the god does not need a physical body and so it follows that if we are one with god even while we are on earth then that part of us is called the soul which is what we take when we die to return to our maker and going on with this the soul is the bearer of all the good deeds and sin determined by all the acts of during our life while the soul had the gift of the body and on which we are judged afterlife by the laws of god and the basis of our legal system etc.

This also means that the soul does bear the burden of the acts of its physical body while here on earth and so how can Jesus take our sins before we die to purify our soul as this act is at exclusion of all the other souls who were harmed and suffered and continue by the sins of this forgiven person which then demeans the value of the suffering to the bearer of the souls that was harmed and these souls cry for justice as much as we now cry for the same when harmed and so can and does Jesus really take all our sins or is there a precondition that it can only be done for those souls who really tried to act godly while they had the gift of the body while the evil who enjoyed their acts on earth have then no future and all they can desperately hope is that when you die it is just everlasting blackness on unconsciousness, but by all accounts it is everlasting consciousness.

Sam
Posted by Sam said, Friday, 22 April 2005 10:44:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am divorced and have felt that the church is in some way embarrassed about that and about me, but I don't believe this makes me quite as open to demonic infiltration as the Revd Huckaby describes it. Although I would gladly welcome a change in the church's public views on divorce in the meantime I keep attending worship, I read lessons, I prepare prayers and I sing in the choir. If the devil is looking for another soul, he's gonna have to look elsewhere -- I'm kinda busy.
Posted by Noodle, Friday, 29 April 2005 4:55:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy