The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The positive value of the negative experience > Comments

The positive value of the negative experience : Comments

By Martin Challis, published 7/4/2005

Martin Challis discusses the importance and value of negative experiences.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Good work, Martin. Thanks
Posted by ericc, Thursday, 7 April 2005 12:08:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is not the "hand" we are dealt that matters -

it is how we decide to play that "hand".

You are fortunate to have a friend of such strength and spirit as Tim
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 8 April 2005 8:48:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The really courageous people in our society such as Tim,who endure the hell of abuse as a child,and find no excuses to not to strive,and do the best with what they have got,are truely to be admired.I hate the word "hero",it has been depreciated a by an attention seeking media.There are many unsung heroes who will never be recognised,and may their courage,diligence,and sweat be rewarded in both family strength and economic security.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 9 April 2005 9:35:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Such a simple message Martin, but so critically important.

I have suffered a great deal from negativity from others when I thought positivity should prevail. This translated into my own negativity, which dragged me down for a long time.

I realised that you mustn’t let it drag you down, and I strove to be as positive as I could. That’s easy to say now, but it certainly wasn’t easy to undertake, at least initially.

This is particularly significant in my work, where I have taken a positive approach to problems that necessitates all communication with those with whom I find it a struggle to work be fully open and transparent in writing and everything be unambiguously within the code of conduct and the professional principles of proper communication and respect for others, and everything be very regularly discussed with my supervisor, with whom I get along with very well, thank goodness.

But again I ran into a powerfully negative experience as a direct result of these efforts.

So it is now a hell of a challenge to continue be positive and uphold respect for people.

But having experienced the results of not trying, and of stewing in negativity, there is simply no choice but to push forward in the most positive manner possible
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 9 June 2007 7:57:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy