The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Education research: a nebulous miasma of jumbled words and ideas > Comments

Education research: a nebulous miasma of jumbled words and ideas : Comments

By Peter Ridd, published 7/3/2005

Peter Ridd argues that we are not getting value for money from educational research.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
OK Arjay, thanks and I think I can relate to what you're saying now. For example, some of these "Dept. of Education" (state level) people would invent all sorts of bogus yet extremely time-wasting activities that every high school teacher must follow. I prefer teaching and learning the good old-fashioned way--if you study chemistry, then focus on the chemistry! Now it's like less than half of the time is devoted to the actual subject. Teachers have to attend all sorts of BS meetings and discussions, and do all sorts of bogus evaluations that tell you nothing. Some schools actuall close the book and "let the students learn themselves by just helping them to find out how learn..." I'm glad we don't have to listen to these morons at universities so that we still have some people who can do something. Otherwise all graduates will be morons due to the moronic policies set forth by retarded brains who claim to be researchers and policy makers in education.
Posted by Bradley, Tuesday, 28 June 2005 12:19:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Many teachers (especially in secondary schools) who lack the technical skills to do any real reserach, yet dream to be called "Dr.xxx" end up doing bogus "educational research". This is the academic equivalent of the Emperor's new clothes. These morons usually go for "Ed.D"s and the only research they do is to write 50000 words for every bogus idea that really only takes 5 words to mention. Yet these people are not ashamed of themselves when they see real researchers such as physicists and engineers. They just say, "Oh, you're the realist, but you don't understand our socio-constructivism-psycho-analytic-holistic nature of research".

Get out of here you useless education researchers, thinking style and squatting style experts, so that our kids can get on with real education and teachers don't have to waste time learning your bogus theories that do nothing but harm to real education!!
Posted by Bradley, Saturday, 17 December 2005 7:19:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SHAME on you, the "education researcher"! Our education system is getting sick because of your "research" which the government takes seriously. If you have nothing better to do, and have no real skills, why not learn & become a farmer or a fisherman so you can do something real for the society; at least you won't be wasting tax payers' money while setting policies that ruin their kids' future.
Posted by Bradley, Saturday, 17 December 2005 7:27:39 PM
Bradley wrote: "why not learn & become a farmer or a fisherman so you can do something real for the society"

I tried to get a fisherman to fix my computer. He said it wasn't the PC but a problem with the net. :-)
Posted by Sams, Saturday, 17 December 2005 9:44:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy