The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Reality TV! > Comments

Reality TV! : Comments

By Mark Cornwall, published 3/3/2005

Mark Cornwall and the current account deficit

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Reality TV made by money hungry morons, watched by brain dead cretins who do not and have never had a life of their own - so bloody sad!
Regards, numbat
Posted by numbat, Thursday, 3 March 2005 1:07:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is one of the best Cornwall cartoons I've seen for a long time. Kudos!
Posted by adrianb, Friday, 4 March 2005 5:09:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mark, for many years, including when I headed the economic policy branch of Queensland Treasury, I had a cartoon of yours on my office door. The scene was a Colosseum-like venue advertising a coming event - "Public hanging of interventionists tomorrow." The leopard-skin clad promoter was answering a call on his mobile: (approx) "A compromise? Oh, all right. Children half-price!" Terrific, time for the AFR to print it again.

It was amazing how many people in the economically-illiterate, pro-non-analytically-based-intervention Queensland Public Service walked in past your cartoon and railed against "right-wing economic rationalists", assuming that I would concur. My name is Cunningham, and I'm a graduate of LSE; I added a second sign, "Genghis Cunn School of Economics", but that carried no more weight than your cartoon. For the record, I was very unpopular for demonstrating through (never-challenged) economic and financial analysis that many Government-promoted projects such as the Australian Magnesium Smelter (failed with a loss of $480m) could never be viable; that's why I'm now sitting at home.
Posted by Faustino, Monday, 7 March 2005 3:49:01 PM
I completely agree with the need to let the viewers know they are simply a target of money hungry executives. It is sad, how much the world of business influences, no matter how much we denny it has been on a downward slope of lies and immorality.

Now reality t.v, where we pay to watch someone else live their lives in the artificially manufactured tortures (similar to that of the truman show), is trying to find more and more ways to get money from our pockets. How can we turn on to something that dulls our imagination, dulls our hope into those trapped within a show.

It is just another manufacturered social weakness, made by the greed of executives. When does it all end? As long as people still have greed it will never end ...
Posted by Andy84, Saturday, 3 September 2005 7:28:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy