The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Give Habib a Break! > Comments

Give Habib a Break! : Comments

By Christopher Michaelsen, published 4/2/2005

Christopher Michaelsen argues the government has no grounds to stop Mamdouh Habib selling his story.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
As I understand it Habib has been with terrorists overseas, now whether these were strong links or maybe the man was only a dreamer. He has, by reports I have seen, been close enough to barbaric, blood-thirsty, criminal, gutless terrorists to perhaps, I stress perhaps be a danger to us all. A man like him if told to would he strap on a bomb? Would' or did,he gather information for the cowardly islamic killers? I do think it better to be safe than sorry as one decent bomb can do a lot of damage. Of course hicks is far more dangerous yet we have 'trembling, bleating,bleeding hearts' demanding his release also. PLEASE read about terrorism, read about islam, especially about their hudna.Check up, read for yourselves that islamics are allowed and told to lie to any heretic or non-moslem NO!! I do not hate islamics only their brutal religion as practised by the hard liners. Regards, numbat
Posted by numbat, Friday, 4 February 2005 2:30:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Numbat so you don't hold to the idea of innocent until proven guilty, what crime has he committed under Australian law and if he has committed a crime why has he not bee charged. I think you've are happy to see his rights trampled because he is not of the same faith as you if he was a Christian and was suspected of being in the IRA wouldn't condemn him so quickly. Anyway to my mind flying planes into buildings is no worst then dropping a bomb on it.
Posted by Kenny, Friday, 4 February 2005 3:09:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
kenny: I feel the same about IRA terrorists.To be a member or associate of a bloodthirsty terror organisation is to be suspect in this world I'm afraid.Many said in the past that the nazis were fine people, they turned out very bad eh? kenny please read about militant islam their aims and eventual goals. Read what they have planned for all non moslems.By the way dropping bombs on terrorists, though not nice, is a little different than flying a plane into buildings and killing innocent, un-armed civilian men women and children. regards, numbat
Posted by numbat, Friday, 4 February 2005 3:55:34 PM
I agree with Christopher Michaelson. Give Mamdouh Habib a break and give him the chance to tell his side of the story which so far has been distorted by assumptions of guilt sponsored by American paranoia about terrorism and echoed by the Howard Government Ministers who abandoned an Australian Citizen on their say-so.
The whole saga demands an independent Inquiry to inform us all of the truth.
The matter is not well served by Christian fanatics presenting hypothetical fantasies spawned by their prejudice.
This is not the Australian way.I understand that our judicial system is based on the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.
Maracas, Darwin 4.02.05
Posted by maracas, Friday, 4 February 2005 4:29:30 PM
maracas: NOT!!! a christian fanatic, NOR a predudiced Christian and how you arrived at that is beyond me.I have read about islam and extreme islam I have seen just what terrorists do. Please do not be blind to moslem ways, that is the fanatics. Yes we have christian - so called - terrorists and I see these people in the same way. I have no problem with the ordinary pious moslem. With gutless terrorists who hate and want to bring down all religions and have islam reign supreme yes I do have a problem with them. NO! definitely NO!! I am not a lying rodent fan nor a rudock or lying deceitful liberal fan.
Regards, numbat
Posted by numbat, Friday, 4 February 2005 5:01:51 PM
kenny,

In other posts you have mentioned Australia's lack of an official freedom of speech law but here you make a similar assumption.
Nothing in Australian law (based on common law) says there is a presumption of innocence.
That too is an american invention - just like the freedom of speech.
not a criticism, just an observation:)

Keep up the good opinioning.

t.u.s
Posted by the usual suspect, Friday, 4 February 2005 5:04:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy