The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > WA Liberals will recriminalise homosexuality > Comments

WA Liberals will recriminalise homosexuality : Comments

By Brian Greig, published 2/2/2005

Brian Greig argues that if the Liberals win the WA election there will be a human rights roll back for gays.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. 33
  10. All
I suppose it's one of the dilemmas of democracy. Heaven forbid the voting majority wants something which will adversely affect the minority...
Posted by n0rm5kj, Wednesday, 2 February 2005 10:59:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You miss the point. The majority of Australians would be profoundly disinterested in this sort of agitated hate-mongering. Ideological/ moral grudges don't interest them, and a general "live and let live" attitude (usually) prevails, thank god. We'll see this at the WA ballot box.
Posted by stevedziedzic, Wednesday, 2 February 2005 11:58:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think this is a case of ignorance is bliss, but it is also offensive
Posted by mattByrne, Wednesday, 2 February 2005 12:03:22 PM
God loves homosexuals and so do I.

God hates the sin that is homosexuality and so do I. Remember that homosexuals do not have a monopoly on sin.

God sent his son Jesus Christ by virgin birth, to live as a man without sin and die on the cross and be raised on the third day for the sins of the rest of us. Now that God has sent his own son to pay the price for our sinfulness ought we not honour him?

I like the movie "The Passion" for one thing. It emphasized the high price Jesus paid for my sins ("goody-goody that I am”) I am not perfect (though I strive to be). I think of sinning as being like spitting on Jesus' face while he was on the cross.

I rekon Mr Grieg is still a bit sore about being shown at the ballot box that he is badly out of touch with the majority of the Australian people.
Posted by Ken, Wednesday, 2 February 2005 1:02:07 PM
Ahh, you see, MattByrne - that's where you're wrong. The most recent Westpoll in December 2004 on the issues surrounding gay and lesbian law reform showed that the MAJORITY of West Australians DO NOT SUPPORT a roll back.

It's absolutely ridiculous to REMOVE human rights that have been in place for over 3 years. The world hasn't caved in since they went through.

The Libs should just allow gay and lesbian people to get on with their lives - with the protection of the law - just like everyone else.
Posted by Concerned Citizen, Wednesday, 2 February 2005 1:21:22 PM
Have you actually read the policy statement? Doesn't seem to be too much in there that limits homosexuals rights anymore than anywhere else in Australia.

And as for Brian's assertion that the WA Lib's will "recriminalise homosexuality" I didn't see that mentioned anywhere in the statement. It's just spin doctoring and fear-mongering. No wonder the Democrats are an irrelevant, spent political force.
Posted by bozzie, Wednesday, 2 February 2005 1:45:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. 33
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy