The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cutting edge tragic fashion > Comments

Cutting edge tragic fashion : Comments

By Sandra K Eckersley, published 14/1/2005

Sandra Eckersley has a lighthearted look at fashion fads.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
oh...what a fuddy duddy you are. Fashion is fun!
Posted by Sam, Friday, 14 January 2005 4:13:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I couldn't agree more. What is with the whole underwear as outer wear thing. I thought that life had become so hectic that people didn't have time to fully dress before they left home but after recently trawling the shops (both upmarket and down) in search of "something special" I realised I already had it - it was hiding with the old petticoats and all I had to do was cut bits off at strange angles.
Voila - an outfit was created.

Thank you Sandra - I had a good chuckle!

RPC
Posted by RPC, Friday, 14 January 2005 7:59:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I like the sound of those Star Trek uniforms!

It's interesting that people who actually work in fashion and the Arts wear simple black, basic black and more black. Crazy impractical designs are strictly for insecure punters who are easily relieved of their cash as they struggle to keep up with the fashionistas increasingly impractical games.

It is a fun game to watch though - some of those price tags make me shriek with laughter!
Posted by AM, Saturday, 15 January 2005 7:04:58 PM
More concerning about the fashion industry is its targeting of quite young children as potential consumers, where very young children have now become pre-occupied with trying to find the right “image” or “look” that they feel will impress their peers, make them look older, more mature etc.

The Tweenies – young children aged between 8 to 14 are being targeted by a whole range of industries to buy, buy, buy.

See http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/money/sexy/index.html
Posted by Timkins, Sunday, 16 January 2005 6:04:21 PM
Sandra you are correct, and you forgot to mention shoes. How can an orthopaedically horrific heel and sole with one tiny strap cost $1100 a pair? They are out there in shop windows. Tiny transparent Dinigan knickers for $90. $90!
When I see photos of Sass and Bide clothes I am amazed at the audacity. Who pays for that rubbish?
With regard to the total street style look of the moment - maybe they are all regressing back to TRIBAL - a red stripe across the face, a bone though the nose and a rabbit skin round the hips.
Posted by Brownie, Thursday, 3 February 2005 11:12:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy