The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mercy killing in the Netherlands or eugenics? > Comments

Mercy killing in the Netherlands or eugenics? : Comments

By Michael Cook, published 13/1/2005

Michael Cook argues that Australia should exert diplomatic pressure on the Netherlands child euthanasia

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Talk about some bizarre asumptions! "Giving stressed, depressed and burnt-out Dutch doctors the authority to kill their patients" hmmm, not quite what the legislation is about.

Perhaps more bizarre is the suggestion that Euthanasia is the same as the death penalty. If someone wishes to end their life, that is their choice. The State killing citizens is very, very different.
Posted by dmac, Monday, 17 January 2005 4:10:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I may be misinformed, but as I understand, when euthanasia is legal it is the patient (or their legal guardian) who decides that they wish to end their life, and the request is only admitted after counseling. Doctors are there to ensure that the patient is cared for as they wish.
Yet you make it sound like doctors are unstable and wish to kill as many people as possible. Perhaps they are cheerfully pulling the children out of the parents resisting arms to satisfy there blood lust?
If dieing is what the patients wishes, and they have been counseled and are mentally stable why force them to live in misery. Are these patients likely to have the quality of life they desire if they are forced to stay alive? Is life so sacrosanct that it must be upheld regardless of the misery that particular life form will endure?
//
Posted by quis, Thursday, 8 September 2005 12:49:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is a comfort to know that apart from little old white haired ladies, of which I'm one, you target doctors in the same insensitive manner.

I'm sorry for you, Mr Cook, but you can't seem to win on the subject of Voluntary Euthanasia.

You need to start looking at why this is so, and learn some tolerance to other's points of view with some rationality without being so totally offensive.

If your blogs are an indication of your Christianity coming to the fore I don't believe you would encourage many of your readers to follow in your footsteps, and see the man behind the issues

I understand you come from a strong religious background which does not encourage freedom of thought, but rather relies on faith alone. That is a choice and your perogative. May I humbly suggest, though that if you wish to encourage people to share your point of view, allow them their differences and work from there.

Mary Walsh
www.yourchoiceindying.com
Posted by yourchoiceindying.com, Thursday, 9 February 2006 9:45:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy