The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The masses demand an education: Barbarians inside the ivory tower > Comments

The masses demand an education: Barbarians inside the ivory tower : Comments

By Gary Day, published 8/12/2004

Gary Day laments the decision to open universities to the ineducable, burger-munching, great unwashed

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I read this article twice.
The description says "humour and satire".
I'm afraid the satire was too subtle for me.

Barney
Posted by barney25, Monday, 13 December 2004 7:26:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have no problem with the hamburger munchers, provided they give me a chip now and then, and don't leave sauce on the seats. It's the morons with money that make me want to hide in the library. Why do people think that brains and wealth are the same thing? Or do they think that wealth can buy brains? I would much rather lecture in a fume of salt and vinegar than mark essays with remedial English, no ideas and references that begin "A Bloke I met at Mummy's Garden Party."

Brennan
Posted by Brennan, Thursday, 7 July 2005 11:17:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy