The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Falling in love with the abuser compounds, not excuses, their crime > Comments

Falling in love with the abuser compounds, not excuses, their crime : Comments

By Barbara Biggs, published 28/10/2004

Barbara Biggs argues that an abused forming an emotional relationship with an abuser makes the crime greater, not lesser.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Barbara
I have just one question. "On what GROUNDS.. would u question it" ?

My wifes parents wre married when the mum was 12 and he was around 14. The only reason they didn't do the married thing, is because they were more interested in playing with friends. But IF... they managed to find themselves sexually interested to the point of full involvment, the community would not have frowned on them.

The fact is, that sexual involvement at a young age does not have to be abuse, it is culturally relative. And any suggestion that it will by definition lead to psychological problems is simply not sustainable when one looks at it in a world perspective.

When I discovered that our own crimes act (vic) allows for a man of undefined age to be married to a 10yr old girl, my thoughts went to the indigenous community as being the only group which may require coverage of this nature. (but I have yet to research this point, I'm just guessing) Given that no body could enter Australia with such a marraige being recognized. (Immigration Act/Marraige Act)

BUT... having said that, I feel we need to take a different approach, whereby we make standards which are based on Biblical principles, and we will then have divine authority for our legal system. Any other approach, will result in the secular moral morass, as described here. (see my other response on your more recent article.)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 15 February 2005 7:56:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy