The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anita Cobby died in Vain: Anita and beyond > Comments

Anita Cobby died in Vain: Anita and beyond : Comments

By Darlene Taylor, published 21/10/2004

Darlene Taylor revisits the death of Anita Cobby looking for answers.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
i know the nephew of one of the rapists an hes a nice person but evry1 judges him as if it were him that commited the crime, i think every1 deseves a fair chance at life an what his uncle did shouldnt affect his nephew, HE, himself has commited serious offences like theft an break-in-enter but that is a mistake he has made an is now paying time in jail. thanx ...
Posted by lil_lady_wit_an_attitude!!!, Wednesday, 5 April 2006 12:06:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Read the book years ago and still it sticks in my mind.comment to lil women wid attitude HISTORY REPEATS IT SELF as far as im concerned.
Posted by LEEKA, Wednesday, 5 April 2006 2:31:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wrote this so long ago, I am surprised to see some comments attached to it (the site didn't have a comments facility when it was written).

Nobody should be judged by the deeds of another.

How would those people who judge this boy (the nephew) like it if the same thing happened to them.
Posted by Darlene, Thursday, 20 April 2006 5:40:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lil lady wit a attitude, J Travers also started out with theft and break n enters like the nephew u speek of...Then he moved on to rape and murder.... U said the nephew is doing time for break n enter also theft.
If he doesnt want to be looked as the same as his uncle, u would think he would have tried to prove everyone wrong by not following in the foot steps of his uncle etc... But he is already doing time for the things J Travers and his gang started out doing...
So i think he is following them. He should have stayed out of trouble if he didnt want to be judged.
I think life in jail was 2 nice for J Travers and his gang after doing the things they did to that poor girl...They r a bunch of animals, and i feel for her family, my heart go's out to them.
Posted by Bundybear, Thursday, 31 August 2006 11:23:23 AM
I have read the book and watched documentry's about this horrible and horriffic crime and still to this day cannot believe the things that Anita had to go threw on that night.
The things that those 5 THINGS"JOHN TRAVIS ,MICHAEL MURDOCH,MICHAEL,LES,GARY MURPHY, put her threw and then to run and leave her dead in paddock is just so unhuman! it is so hard to say wat these 5 guys are because even a " wild animal " would had more respect for it's pray....I really take my hat off to Anita's parent's for all they were put threw and to strive and to make a postive out of her by helping others that have suffered similar crimes to there families!AND HOPEFULLY ONE DAY WHEN THOSE 5 MEET THERE MAKER THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY TRUELY DESERVE!
Posted by JUDY CUREV 27, Friday, 29 September 2006 12:48:42 AM
I agree. Poor thing...committed crimes against society and yet doesn't want to be compared to other family members that started out with so called petty crimes and went on to commit the worst crime imaginable. You would think that if the approval of society was that important to this individual they would do everything in their power to make their life a shining example of decency....instead of crying poor me.
Posted by earthangel, Monday, 2 October 2006 12:15:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy