The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's welfare system is not mean but different and fairer > Comments

Australia's welfare system is not mean but different and fairer : Comments

By Peter Saunders, published 17/9/2004

Peter Saunders argues that the distribution of welfare dollars in Australia is fairer than in other countries

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Attention Professor Saunders

I heard an article on radio national this afternoon 9th January about reform of the welfare system. I think it was a rebroadcast from August 2004

The part that interested me was about single mothers and your view that they should by required to work.

I have a 42 year old daughter single mother with two girls aged 11 & 13 and she is in receipt of single parent pension.

She did not achieve well at school, does not read well and is hopelees at maths. She is unable to get any work because of this diability other applicants beat her every time.

She just would not be able to cope without the pension, I am 80 year old veteran affairs pensioner and I help as much as possible.
I am worried about the what he future holds.

Have you any suggestions?

Thanking you
Bill Alcock Box 157 P.O. Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Posted by lucky, Sunday, 9 January 2005 9:47:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy