The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Navigating the disastrous DEI > Comments

Navigating the disastrous DEI : Comments

By Stuart Ballantyne, published 16/10/2024

What was behind the sinking of the HMNZS Manawanui, and is it still bad luck to have a woman at sea?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Sir, the HMNZS Calibre, appears to be sitting low in the water.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 16 October 2024 10:17:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let’s wait for the Court of Inquiry results before jumping to conclusions about the cause of the incident. This article presents some good arguments that the captain should have known better, and made some bad decisions. But there may be factors at play that the author and the rest us don’t know about.

And even if it was the captain’s error, to blame her gender and DEI policies for promoting her beyond her competence, without any evidence, is vile
Posted by Rhian, Wednesday, 16 October 2024 3:31:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I did not prioritise my time to read this article yet, but I was curious what "DEI" means, so I searched the article and found no clue
- good authors should have their reader audience in mind...
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 16 October 2024 4:24:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy