The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Dyslexia in Australian schools: identifying the problem > Comments

Dyslexia in Australian schools: identifying the problem : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 3/9/2024

According to the Australian Dyslexia Association,

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
There is nothing new about dyslexia. And, if it is up to schools to do something about it, as the author suggests, all is lost. They can't teach kids who are not dyslexic to read write, or learn properly.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 3 September 2024 9:42:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fussing as a strategy is no answer.

Bring back the old days when there were entry level jobs suitable for the total social spectrum .
The mental deficiencies nominated in this article are impossible to cure; churning out victims over it is a negative response, but a very profitable one for some.

All kids can be trained to accept responsibility which is a fundamental in the workplace, and can become useful and self sufficient members of society rather than useless victims. I’ve witnessed countless examples of this outcome during my lifetime.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 3 September 2024 12:42:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dyslexia doesn't mean dumb. Actor Judi Dench is dyslexic. There are others in that profession too who share the problem. Keira Knightley and Tom Cruise being two.

Also:

Albert Einstein
Leonardo da Vinci
Richard Branson
Steven Spielberg
Pablo Picasso
Anthony Hopkins,

to name a few. None of them needed entry level jobs.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 3 September 2024 1:40:38 PM
I am suspicious of the genuine intent of the poster above; I stick to my previous criticism that some influential elements in society (professionals), capitalise on the misfortunes of others ruthlessly with less than disguised narcissistic internet, in order to further their own interests as a priority.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 3 September 2024 9:34:33 PM
It has been proven over & over & over again that ill-qualified people can not instil a healthier mentality !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 4 September 2024 2:14:34 PM
This is the problem !

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1935327073504451
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 6 September 2024 9:32:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy