The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Eric Kaufmann’s new book pillories ‘progressive’ (woke) extremism – including Albanese Labor > Comments

Eric Kaufmann’s new book pillories ‘progressive’ (woke) extremism – including Albanese Labor : Comments

By Stephen Saunders, published 11/7/2024

Kaufmann’s Taboo argues that ‘woke’ or ‘progressive extremism’ is no joke, but a new and destructive cultural schism between elite governance and ordinary voters.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The boring, stick-in-the-mud political class still parroting how hard it is to get rid of a first term government are too thick to grasp how appalling Labor and its non-stop lying leader are. Unlike voters, they are remote from the cost of living, mass immigration crisis that this mongrel has brought down on us. Voters don't like Albanese’s identity politics, either, as the defeat of his disgraceful Voice showed.

The riots by pro-Hamas, anti-Semitic trash have become worse - now extending to war memorials and Parliament House itself - thanks to Albanese’s tolerance of anti-Semitism, including that in his own party, and in his mates the Greens.

He thinks an “envoy” will solve anti-Semitism. All she will do is hoover up more taxpayer money. Her first ‘act’ is to be a trip to Argentina!

And, of course, to be “fair”, there will have to be an anti-Islamophobia ‘envoy’ as well.

We don't need writers most of us have never read - or even heard of - to tell us about woke extremism.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 11 July 2024 9:26:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some strange parallels between Canada and Australia. Both have high immigration policies, huge fossil fuel exports, uranium reserves and desolate interiors. We've now adopted their term 'First Nations people'. I wonder if their CBC like our ABC has acknowledgment of country. I'd like one of the Q&A guests to say if the ABC is on aboriginal land then give it back. The thing about the woke is their zeal is relentless, kind of like a moral Terminator. You'd think after the Voice referendum result they'd give it a rest. Nope it looks like they will arise from the ashes in some form.
Posted by Taswegian, Thursday, 11 July 2024 10:10:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This piece was OK, at free-speech TAPRI and OLO, but I couldn't repost it to Amazon AU, because it was adjudged to contain "hate speech".

I rest my case. Woke is everywhere.
Posted by Steve S, Thursday, 11 July 2024 10:26:24 AM
Speaking of political extremism why not check out these two references wherein the deeply psychotic nature of right-wing so called conservative politics is fully on display:
http://nationalconservatism.org/natcon-4-2024

http://religiondispatches.org the two Special Features side-bar essays which give brief description of the deeply psychotic tone of the gab-fest
Posted by Daffy Duck, Thursday, 11 July 2024 2:24:56 PM
That's right Steve, this site being so small, it flies under the radar with these 'hate speak' articles masquerading as free speech, not surprised that Amazon knocked it back. Just for balance OLO has 80% of its articles from hard right commentators like Saunders, if that's not enough the editor throws a few more of his own from time to time.

Not sure if Google still advertises here, they might have pulled the plug as well.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 11 July 2024 4:01:57 PM
Hi Daffy Duck,

I refuse to attend any "conference" where 100% of the speakers are not well heeled middle aged white men! Like all conservatives I believe in equality, why are there a couple of women in the rogues gallery of speakers, and only one man of the cloth! Fortunately there are no black fellas, and heaven forbid no black women, although an India with a funny name has slipped in, we can't have that, do something about it if you want me to turn up, and check if there are any of those unnatural gay types attending, don't sit me anywhere near them, in fact throw them out. I hope its a $1,000 a head, that will keep the riff-raff out!

p/s Will there be opening and closing prayers, all meetings should have a strong christian flavour to them, otherwise they are ungodly!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 12 July 2024 6:32:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy