The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > State budgets tinkering around the edges of our housing crisis > Comments

State budgets tinkering around the edges of our housing crisis : Comments

By Graham Young, published 4/7/2024

The reason why we are struggling to build new homes is because the states have loaded their tax systems onto the housing sector.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Dramatically restrict immigration? It was Rudd Labor that first pushed it past 300K, now Albanese Labor has sailed past 500K.

It's unlikely to ever fall much below 300K again, unless some future Coalition government displays unlikely courage and nous. Yes, that includes a purge of the radicalised and terminally-woke federal Immigration agency.
Posted by Steve S, Thursday, 4 July 2024 8:53:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is only one hope for the dispossessed in a housing crisis facilitated by the uncaring controllers of the Titanic Au, stagflation with an accompanying high inflation.
Within time, and with more pain to some than others, it’ll all work out.

So far I see no evidence of serious concern among the crowd “Steve S” describes very accurately above.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 4 July 2024 9:20:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We don't have a housing crisis: we have an immigration crisis. Too many people being brought here. Most of them the wrong sort of people.

Import the Third World, become the Third World.

All the tents and people sleeping in doorways looks very Third Worldish already.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 4 July 2024 9:44:10 AM
Scapegoating immigration as the major cause of the housing shortage in Australia is shortsighted. Cutting immigration is a popular knee-jerk reaction from those on the right of politics, seeing it as the panacea for a complex problem. At best immigration is only a small contributor to the housing problem, at worse cuts would have a negative impact for the economy, far outstripping positive gains in the property market.

Beating the anti immigration, anti foreigners, anti refugees drum is always popular with the far right bottom feeders.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 5 July 2024 6:35:12 AM
Our resident anti-white racist would of course say what he said, it's to be expected from it.
Does he have information as to why Muslim countries don't offer immigration ?
There are many whom I share my ethnic background with whom I wouldn't let in & would prefer to deport because they're the one fostering those proponents of disunity ! So, am I racist towards my own ethnicity ? Or, am I simply seeing what many prefer to not look at hoping it'll go away ? The Europeans have started to look at it !
Posted by Indyvidual, Sunday, 7 July 2024 9:06:05 AM
Putting up wages with the inevitable rise in costs has resulted in Australian made to be uncompetitive internationally & unaffordable locally.
Greed is a two-way street here !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 9 July 2024 8:07:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy