The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Don’t deport little Aussie Luca > Comments

Don’t deport little Aussie Luca : Comments

By John Mikkelsen, published 23/5/2024

Luca, 2, was born in Australia but isn't a citizen, and the government says the potential cost of his treatment is too much for taxpayers to bear.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Sad. Buy we should not change the rules if we don't want a flood of this sort of thing.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 23 May 2024 12:28:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So true ttbn.

If Australia doesn't watch it we might become a funder of first choice for Massive Medical Costs Refugees.

I wonder how much tax the author would be paying for such cases, or is the author a pensioner?
Posted by Maverick, Thursday, 23 May 2024 5:19:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If a kid is born in Australia and has lived here for two years, he's an Aussie in my book.. And if his parents were Palestinian, or illegal refugees, or same sex, or trans, you would hear the left wokies screaming from the rooftop. I also don't think you read that they don't even know if little Luca is compatible with the drug treatment - different strains of CF aren't compatible. Also the way this government forks out funds to private projects that will likely never get off the ground, the cost of CF treatment is a drop in the bucket. And 36,000 extra public servants? I'd sooner keep little Luca than a tenth of them which would cost more anyway.
Posted by Mikko2, Thursday, 23 May 2024 6:08:52 PM
$1.8 million over 10 years, IF the drug is even suitable for his strain of CF - not all sufferers are compatible. $450 million down the gurgler over a botched referendum which only heightened racial divisions AND "The Government has announced an additional 36,000 public servants in this Budget costing Australian taxpayers $24 billion over four years."
Posted by Mikko2, Saturday, 25 May 2024 9:00:57 AM
Here is James Macpherson on Sky News - what hope does little Luca have unless his parents claim they play the didgeridoo and take part in smoking ceremonies!
https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/i-selfidentify-as-an-aboriginal-sudanese-migrant-with-criminal-history-saved-from-deportation-by-claiming-he-is-indigenous/news-story/01a8d40353173880077d68ed5e0cf82f

John
Posted by Mikko2, Wednesday, 29 May 2024 9:24:09 AM
Why doesn't the author, or the parents, family, and friends, of
Aussie Luca set up a fund for him and ask people for donations?
The money collected could give Luca a start.

It would be a start. And at least then the parents could find
out more about whether the drug does help.

In the meantime - this case could use more publicity
to attract government attention and those of the politicians.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 30 May 2024 12:21:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy