The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor, how do I loathe thee? > Comments

Labor, how do I loathe thee? : Comments

By John Mikkelsen, published 7/5/2024

I'm probably not alone in finding it surprising that Federal Labor still had around 30 to 32 percent primary support in recent polls - an all-time low. But how low can they go?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
All politicians lie that they don't take any notice of the polls - that only the ‘big one’ at general elections matters.

But, Loony Labor seems to really mean it; they get even more dangerous and obnoxious by the minute.

Albanese Labor seems utterly convinced that they can do what they like, and get away with it.

They have no need for us.

About two months ago, I emailed a routine question to my local Labor MP. No response. I sent another email. No response. I then made a written complaint (a real letter) to the Treasurer's office asking him/them for an answer. Several weeks later - no response.

How much longer will it be, I wonder, when we don't even get a vote; or, we vote, but Labor gets 88% of the vote a la the recent election in Russia. Dutton the Dill doesn't look like coming to our rescue.

Still, the naifs rabbit on about what a great country Australia is. The country is still OK, but the people running it, and those meekly allowing them to do so, are rubbish.

A Chinese fighter plane has just demonstrated its threat to us by dumping some flares in front of an ADF helicopter. The reaction from Canberra: sweet FA. They threatened the lives of RAN personnel not long ago with the same response from Canberra: sweet FA.

How long will it be before the frightful female, Julie Inman Grant, will stop any criticism of our hard-Left, increasingly totalitarian government!

Australians are marching like zombies to the edge of the cliff.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 8:38:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“How do I loathe thee”?

No more than I loathe the whole mottley band of rogues.

I’d be more endeared to the local used car salesman: At the least they present you with a car for sale!

Ttbn

Yours is more evidence of the common story, the local MP is totally disinterested in the problems from the daily grind of the fools who vote for them.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 9:07:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia seems to be heading to a Communist utopia for the people who consider themselves rulers, and a nightmare for the rest of us. We already have people living in tents and under bridges - all since Albanese. Government is the only source of “truth”. The “crises” of climate change, misinformation, disinformation and mal-information are beyond dispute. Dissenting views will be silenced. Complain, and Big Brother will double down on you.

DD,

I know. The local MP represents his party, not his constituency. They used to at least make out that they cared about people, and would send platitudes back within a month. But, even that has now ended. And it's not just the Albanese government: it applies to what used to be called the 'Opposition' as well.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 9:18:23 AM
Apart from a very few they are all the same.
Posted by ateday, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 9:19:22 AM
My observations showed me that the politicians are merely a reflection of the voters !
Common sense & reasonable decency aren't found on both sides of the fence.
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 9:19:43 AM
Indyvidual

Yes. It has always been said that voters get the governments they deserve, but there's no consolation in that. We can only hope that the (too) silent majority comes up with another Voice result at the next election. Even then, the alternative party (it can't be called the Opposition) wouldn't be much better; they want us silenced and digitally stalked by themselves, too.

The Senate is where the only hope lies - if people vote for One Nation, the United Australia Party, Family First or the Libertarians.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 9:32:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy