The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Wave goodbye to another set of freedoms with the new Digital Id > Comments

Wave goodbye to another set of freedoms with the new Digital Id : Comments

By Graham Young, published 22/4/2024

In the 1980s, Australians fought hard against a similar national ID program, what has changed since then?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Communism. Totalitarianism. Fascism. Big Brother. Big Government. Any of those words can be used to describe what is happening to Australia while the population dozes on.

The political class got away with removal of our rights during Covid. They can do pretty much what they like now. SA and Vic are going ahead with a Voice, despite the fact that a majority of Australians voted against Albanese's version.

No more referenda, just legislation. The idea that the next government can throw out anything that the previous one did no longer applies with the uniparty set up we now have. And, this digital ID abomination was on the Liberal's books before the last election.

I used to get emails from the Liberal Party inventor of digital ID, telling me how bad the Labor Green Alliance's version of his idea was, and how the Liberals would put a stop to it.

I don't get those emails anymore. The Liberals say nothing, or they are obviously in lockstep with the Labor Green Alliance now.

‘Don't vote’, says diver dan. Not allowed to vote is on the way or, the 88% for one person/party Russian version of voting.

We have gone from uproar over the Hawke Australia Card, to almost silence over the Communist China digital version of government control and surveillance. The Australian population is a sick population.

The Gallagher-babble that it won't be compulsory to have a digital ID is vile rubbish, just like the ‘non-mandatory’ Covid vaccines. If you don't have a digital ID, you will not be able to access government departments or much of the personal information hungry private sector, the Albanese government’s partners in controlling your lives.

On the eSafety Commissioner, why someone with an American accent? Could it be that even meek and malleable Australians drew the line at such a totalitarian position?

Australia has given asylum to people fleeing despotism. There is no place for us to escape to.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 22 April 2024 9:13:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As long as Australians continue to suffer from Dependency Personality Disorder - the excess need to be taken care of - governments can do pretty much as they please.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 22 April 2024 9:47:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Digital ID. Not too different from a driver's licence or passport.

Can't understand why some have a problem with the digital world!

Credit/debit cards are all digital and ID, so what's the problem?

Get yourself an aluminium Wallet, and store it in there, Graham. Then you will be just another anonymous face in the crowd!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 22 April 2024 10:45:19 AM
These days, the real villains behind our generic political class are probably unaccountable bureaucrats, ‘advisers’.

Politicians are increasingly outsourcing decision making to these bureaucrats to avoid criticism of themselves. They get the same big bucks ($560,000 plus for the bloke who is supposed to be running the country) without the responsibility. Kick them out, and they are replaced by something similar, and Opposition pay is still a lot more than they could get in real life.

The mainstream media does a lot of their work for them as well.

Power is seeping away from Parliament, with any backbencher standing up for his constituents disendorsed.

Rule by the bureaucrats for the bureaucrats: 2.5 million of them now.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 22 April 2024 12:22:19 PM
Yes, it's all bad enough and I am glad that I won't have to remain in this terrible world for much longer. The claim of "democracy" was a bad joke to begin with, I never took it seriously anyway, but that is not going to help them - go, let's see how governments can catch me while I am dead!

Meanwhile, can someone please tell me, what is the connection between director-ID and this digital ID? Why I have a director-ID due to having an SMSF, just a number I practically never had to use and probably never will. At the same time, I am not even eligible for a personal digital ID, so does it mean that they will force me to quit and close down my SMSF?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 22 April 2024 2:06:06 PM
Perhaps one of the few saving graces in the whole affair is that " The Government" is so widely regarded as being unable to satisfactorily organise a chook raffle that the ID Card will remain a mess that so occupies the authorities as they try to close down rorts that are assisted in it's implementation. It could well take a lifetime of updates to successfully serve it's intended purpose.
Posted by Sergzhy, Monday, 22 April 2024 6:38:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy