The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When Medicare refunds end up 'somewhere' > Comments

When Medicare refunds end up 'somewhere' : Comments

By John Mikkelsen, published 8/4/2024

I wonder how many Australians, like me, have found communicating with our national health care bureaucracy, Medicare, about as easy as winning Lotto?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Welcome to “World Limp Mode”:

The unworkability of the digital age.

Alikened to one failing sensor of the many, guarding the catalectic converter; limping home on the expressway of life ain’t fun!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 8 April 2024 10:09:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You might be interested in an experience I had.
I entered on line my assets etc when requested.
A little later I got another request to enter my assets.
I had a look on line and they were missing.
So I went to an their office and watch their officer reenter them.
I then went home and checked; you guessed it they were missing.
I then twigged what was going on, they had two databases running.
It was pot luck which one you got.
I rang and complained and informed them what was going on.
They denied it of course but still wanted me to reenter it all again.
I then contacted my MHR who was the minister at the time.
A short time later I got a call from a senior officer who admitted
the problem and explained they were testing a new web site.
Anyone knows you don't have two copies running at the same time.

The main problem there is they would not take any notice of the public.
They were not interested in checking to see if what I told them was correct !
The bureaucrats are always right.
Posted by Bezza, Monday, 8 April 2024 10:38:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Difficulties and frustrations are normal for all government departments; yet the Albanese government wants us to trust them with all of our data, online.

Hackers are nothing compared to the danger of an all-seeing government.

MyGov? Well, I now seem to have an account (don't want to check unless I really must for fear of disappointment for the umpteenth time) but so far I haven't been able to ‘link’ it to any government department.

I can't. My wife can't. My financial advisor can't. Employees of government departments can't.

These are the evil clowns who want to steal our cash, steal our personal data, steal our freedom of speech, and anything else they can get their hands on.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 8 April 2024 10:53:28 AM
Yup, it's bloody ridiculous. Thank God triple 000 is manned by human beings. (Labor is full of it!)

Other than that, you can wait in a queue until the battery runs out.

Queues are meant to save money as half will say FU and give up. Others will say, none of the options relate to my problem.

My only advice is to keep repeating, louder and louder, I want to speak to a human please.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 8 April 2024 1:01:33 PM
Unfortunately it's not just government departments - major corporations are nearly as bad and yesterday I spent at least 5 minutes trying to give the word "Sands" as part of a two-word address to a young foreign girl calling from a major insurance company. She just couldn't grasp it and kept saying "Sam" "Sams?" ..
"No S A N D S - like sands at the beach.."
" Oh , it's beach?"...
"No!" Finally she saw the light, but really!
Posted by Mikko2, Tuesday, 9 April 2024 4:35:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy