The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Dump Young on Trump > Comments

Dump Young on Trump : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 28/2/2024

Young is the executive director of the Australian Institute for Progress, but that name is misleading, he is a conservative.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Go Peter! The prospect of Trump makes me glad I don’t have grandchildren. I fear for a world where Russia overruns Eastern Europe again and the US retreats to isolationist policies and climate denial. Where we are tied through Aukus to a loose cannon. Where Trump woos the dictators of the world and rubbishes the UN and NATO. World order is on a knife edge and we have to hope that more than half of US citizens realize it.
Posted by estelles, Wednesday, 28 February 2024 9:10:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Graham but it's not the times that has dementia, but Poor old Donald Trump. And it would seem that he has lost the support of most of the republican party?

I predict that Mr Trump will never gain public office again but may go to jail for tax fraud.

And we know the election of a convicted felon is very distasteful for the majority of US voters.

In closing may I add that I don't believe Graham was serious, but stirring to get the very reaction engendered.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 28 February 2024 9:32:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, I strongly disagree with Peter Bowen on Graham Young; which means I strongly disagree with Peter Bowden on Donald Trump.

Mr.Bowden declares that “the New York Times is one of the most reliable newspapers in the world”, but that is because it ‘reliably’ churns out stuff that he believes in. Anything not producing Leftist codswallop would be ‘unreliable’ to Mr. Bowden.

And, what is a “reliable opinion”? Not one Mr. Bowden would believe in, nor one that differed from what I or anyone else disagreed with. Opinions are just opinions, like the one he has written here.

10.6 million subscribers are sparrow-fart, given America's population. Just like the umpteen percent of Australians who it is said believe the ABC is the most trusted source ever, when the very low ABC audience belies the figure.

As for Mr. Bowden’s declaration that Donald Trump is a “disaster”, it is gross misinformation, given Trump's previous stint as President, and the way in which Americans view him, despite the appalling politicisation of the law to keep him out of office.

Of course, Mr. Bowden’s reasons for deeming Mr. Trump a disaster are based on his own bias, and that of people and organisations with the same bias and opinions; just like it is with lots of people on Online Opinion.

It's hard to understand how a man of Mr. Bowden’s obvious age (see photo that has never been updated), experience and qualifications can get things so wrong.

Graham has, as always, demonstrated his integrity and open- mindedness by publishing this loopy criticism of himself.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 28 February 2024 9:37:22 AM
Well said ttbn. Excellent post!

Both New York Times and CNN are both gasping their last breaths. Both these as entities are sinking ships because they report made up nonsense to support a diminishing marxist narrative and at the same time, a large proportion of the US public has woken up to not believing woke lies. I can assume Mr Bowden enjoys reading woke lies.

I would like to point out (check history) that under President Trump (45), the very opposite of being a warmonger, he created the most peaceful world order seen for decades. Started no wars. Ended many.

No need to go on, ttbn pretty much covered it all and very well too.
Posted by voxUnius, Wednesday, 28 February 2024 10:24:36 AM
The Woke Left is jittering with fear that their gravy train is slowing down or even come to a stop.
Bowden is oblivious to the fact that Trump supporters are not Trump Lovers, they're simply tired of the socially destructive antics of the parasitic Left.
The Left is the King Louis XVI of our times.
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 28 February 2024 11:12:26 AM
First Graham, well done in publishing this critique. Its rare these days to dind a blog or opinion page that will give a voice to its opponents. There should be more of it but it'll only really happen on a conservative site.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 29 February 2024 2:11:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy