The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The most important reserve bank governor for Australia? > Comments

The most important reserve bank governor for Australia? : Comments

By Graham Young, published 23/2/2024

Having first been skeptical about the appointment of Michele Bullock, my first impressions seem to have been wrong.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
If she is a headache to the Treasurer, she'll do me. Although I am not sure that the Treasurer has enough in his head to ache.

The “government's habit of compensating voters for increases in the cost of living” needs to be talked about. The government causes the increase in cost of living, then it spends more bribing us to keep quiet about it. If that’s not madness on stilts I don't know what is.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 23 February 2024 8:51:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anyone can get it wrong from time to time. And she did fly under the radar to some extent.

It's a difficult and demanding job, especially when you have to do the government's fiscal work for them as they spend like drunken sailors.

Push rates up too hard and one tanks the economy and the essential domestic discretionary spend. Cut them too hard and one builds future inflation.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 23 February 2024 9:05:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The current increased cost of living is solely due to current and unbridled energy costs!

Replace our current insane dependence on coal and gas with MSR thorium and those increased costs disappear/stabilise, to be replaced by competition for your dollar, at the checkout. And get on the road to becoming an energy exporting, superpower!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 23 February 2024 10:05:06 AM
I knew Ross in the '80s when he was an ACTU Researcher. He's a nice guy, he's intelligent, but he is totally committed to the union cause. Not someone that I would appoint to a body with great influence on the economy.
Posted by Faustino, Monday, 26 February 2024 10:27:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy