The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In search of an excellent two ship cruise terminal > Comments

In search of an excellent two ship cruise terminal : Comments

By Stuart Ballantyne, published 8/2/2024

Like two million other Australians, my wife and I love cruising, but would I leave the comfort of an established career and sacrifice it for the cruising industry? Well yes, I nearly did early in 2015.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
While some of your article has veracity, few today find the allure of cruising attractive, moreover, it brought COVID into this country.

Cruising has for me, all the allure of being packed like sardines on a floating skyscraper. Surrounded by self-indulgent, inebriated, fat cats/VIPs that know for certain, that their faecal matter is odourless.

I like the idea of sailing, but in a small select company on a sailing yacht, minus the load mouthed bellowing nuisances/Emperor syndrome. And having the time, when docked, to leisurely wander around interesting sights.

There are competing infrastructure requirements that may have higher priority on the taxpayer purse. Very rapid rail that moves the bulk of our freight may unclog much of our road network and allow more rapid freedom of movement on public highways.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 8 February 2024 10:33:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy