The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > New despotism in liberal democracies > Comments

New despotism in liberal democracies : Comments

By Ordan Andreevski, published 24/1/2024

A process called ‘democratic backsliding’ is expressed through increased autocracy, populism, personification of power, the constant growth of the security state, decline of free speech and human rights.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Maybe there's some truth in your allegations. I don't know.

However, I believe it would be a step backwards to follow your aspirations. The only constant in the universe is constant change!

Our (power broker) system here is far from perfect and voter intentions have in far too many cases been defiled by (power broker manipulated) preferential voting.

Which in the past has allowed someone with little more than 1% of the primary vote to win a Senate seat as a replacement for someone who died or resigned?

As for the Australian government getting involved in your Macedonian advocacy. No way! We've spilled too much blood/wasted too much money already fighting/getting involved in other folks' wars/ethnic squabbles!

Perhaps there's a case for the UN/EU to go in and monitor the upcoming elections to be sure the will of the people is respected and the outcome.

Finally, let me say, the past is a foreign country none can return to, and change is like the ever-changing weather, inevitable!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 24 January 2024 10:34:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia has no duty to care for smaller countries on the other side of the world.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Wednesday, 24 January 2024 10:58:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

Not sure how populism has been reframed as despotism or dictatorship. Isn't it the point of democracy that things are decided by a popular vote and under the presumption that different people will have different viewpoints. It seems to me that communists label politics as popularist in the pejorative when the communities mood moves against them. History seems to show us that communism is much in favour of dictatorial despotism when it suits themselves.

Of course the community having a good understanding of governing structures seems to be important in order to ensure that the voters actually vote in their own self interest.

Ordan Andreevski seems to be a supporter of BRICS and also presumeably of China who is it's most powerful member. Concerning given that the Chinese Communist Party seemingly killed sixty million of it's own citizens in the name of equality. Does this mean that other members of BRICS such as India and Brazil will be moving towards communism and genocide in the medium term?
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 24 January 2024 7:33:47 PM
Perhaps there should be consideration to when irreconcilable polarization in a society should result in a division of the society and the territory.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 24 January 2024 7:36:14 PM
I see the communist leaning governments as the racist extremists.

They seem to want to make all people the same under communism throughout the world starting with the White Anglo-Sphere- they don't believe in the right of a people to self determination- policies enacted under such a belief are in my view genocidal.

In my view Communists are nihilists including racial nihilists. The Anglophobic challenge will be faced by all races over time.

Multiculturalism is code for Anti-White. It's OK to be white.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 24 January 2024 7:53:32 PM
Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty. Harvey Specter- Suits (Also Hebrew activist and author of Rules For Radicals and mentor of Hillary Clinton- Saul Alinsky)
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 24 January 2024 7:56:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy