The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nothing really stands out from Palaszczuk’s near-9 years in office > Comments

Nothing really stands out from Palaszczuk’s near-9 years in office : Comments

By Graham Young, published 14/12/2023

The Palaszczuk years were a period of rolling back, uncontested, all the things her predecessor had done.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Agree with some of this, but not all. There appears to be a fair amount of whitewashing Cambell Newman. Arguably the most unpopular Premier Queensland has had for some time?

As for Anna, The Olympics will be her legacy. Hopefully By using existing infrastructure by and large. They may prove to be the financial boon we need.

I don't believe Anna was a good Premier overall, but came across as a, I love me, control freak?

We had the best health system in Australia, now we have the worst. Also, Anna's legacy. Prior to her involvement, I would have had my broken hip replaced. Going on for 3 agony riddled, wheelchair bound, years waiting for this to be fixed.

Moreover, in Queensland today, the bean counters are deciding medical outcomes. So, if you have money and can pay for your procedures, go to the top of the list. While the rest are rationed to 7 days and then turfed out to become day clinic patients. And forced to spend many pain racked hour in the back of an Ambulance or cramped into a small car.

Nightmare scenario! I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 14 December 2023 10:31:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is a God !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 14 December 2023 1:07:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anna2 will look good compared to what is coming next as Premier.

Remember the renaming of the Lady Cilento Children's Hospital?

Particularly the "survey" that justified its renaming and where those votes came from.

Look it up if you have forgotten.

Joh was a Saint in comparison with what the ALP has given Queensland over the past couple of decades.
Posted by Aspley, Thursday, 14 December 2023 1:34:26 PM
"One of Ms. Palaszczuk's most cynical acts was a financial gerrymander against the opposition, who received a similar amount from property developers as Labor does from the unions, without the corrupt ties and influence."

This has to be a joke.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 14 December 2023 3:37:55 PM
She certainly divorced herself from the economic woes for the Olympics.
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 15 December 2023 11:17:06 AM
Nine years?
And she wasn't pushed out?
That says STABILITY, in capital letters.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Saturday, 16 December 2023 1:55:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy