The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Spread the WORD – Vote WHY > Comments

Spread the WORD – Vote WHY : Comments

By Arthur Dent, published 20/9/2023

Both sides have offered no PLAUSIBLE argument for voting either way. Each merely hopes that voters will be more disgusted with their opponents.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Sorry to disappoint you, but no this one is not going down!

The modus operandi is set in cement from a guaranteed and established path to victory.

Have you forgotten the torment of gay marriage?
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 20 September 2023 8:26:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Both sides believe that they have presented plausible arguments. It's up to us to make a decision based on the only arguments we are going to get. It's a great pity that this race-based, divisive and dangerous nonsense was ever engineered by the Albanese regime.

But, that's the Hard Left for you.

"Nice gesture"? There is nothing nice about the Voice. And, no matter what some people claim that the 'majority' thinks about aboriginal affairs, the Voice has absolutely nothing to do with those affairs.

It's the most dangerous, misery-making thing to happen in Australia for eight decades, and a "left-wing political activist" comes up with this garbage!

The Voice has to be dealt with decisively - got out of the way forever - then its Marxist architect, Albanese, has to be dealt with and got out of the way forever.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 20 September 2023 8:49:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see that the government mouthpiece, the mainstream media, has manufactured a "split" in the NO campaign. Thinking of the Australian media as Pravda comes naturally these days.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 20 September 2023 9:00:05 AM
Why should I? We have just 2 choices, yes or no.

If the yes camp could be bothered to very thoroughly argue their case and what they hoped it would achieve. Most folks are going to say no as this could be the first step to enshrine sovereignty?

They already have sovereignty over 50% of the land mass with native title etc. what needs to change is an unelected elite deciding how to spend the billions we throw at Aboriginal issues, housing, education and health!

Where has all the money gone and what did it buy? That is the question that needs to be put!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 20 September 2023 10:15:20 AM
What I expect to see on polling day is all these starry eyed teenagers along with old hippies who think Yes will make a difference. Too naive or too old to change. It seems to me the driving force behind the Voice is white or almost white guilt. That's the comfortable middle class who think spending a few more billions won't perpetuate the sense of victimhood.

As for the voting slip you could always leave it blank. That and X will be counted as informal. I did that for the seat of Lyons in the last federal election as I thought none of the candidates were good enough. A wasted vote some said then again I felt no responsibility for the outcome. This referendum however is different to the one on gay marriage as the losing side won't let it rest.
Posted by Taswegian, Wednesday, 20 September 2023 1:45:59 PM
I think this is a very negative article?
It leads us nowhere.
The yes/no proposal on the table is also absurd.
But we should vote a resounding NO, not fiddle with alternatives which mean absolutely nothing.
We have a vote: let's not waste it.

I listened to a federal government minister propounding the idea that the NO campaign is racist.
In fact, the truth is exactly the opposite.
It is the YES campaign which is trying to engineer division on the basis of racial identity.
It is the NO campaign which wants to prevent racism from being legitimised in our constitution.
Our present government supports a YES, which is a racist approach.
Albo is front and centre with this idea.
And that is certainly less than favourable.

The yes persons should be roundly and rigorously routed by wrathful ridicule.
How these adult persons manage to make such absurd and outrageous statements, and keep a straight face, is almost beyond my belief.
And those who plan to benefit from this raw racism must decide who they are.
Are they Australians?
If so, it is time for them to forget their personal nonsense, and join the rest of society in its culture and law.
If they are something else, with their own flag, it is time for them to leave, and live elsewhere.
I don't know where they should go, but I do know they should not stay here.

I heartily endorse the comments of Jacinta Price.
She is a woman of substance and drive.
She has a clear outlook.
She is a woman to be admired.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Wednesday, 20 September 2023 3:18:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy