The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > After dinner speech: Not an ordinary pig > Comments

After dinner speech: Not an ordinary pig : Comments

By Steven Schwartz, published 17/8/2023

Try as they might, governments will never make you happy.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Governments want to make us happy!? For mine they're all BS, Non-core promises and fooling enough people to get re-elected.

I'd be happier if they just did the job, we the people pay them to do and bring down the price of energy by getting MSR thorium up as a viable option they're prepared to back. If the science stacks up and a couple of minor issues are resolved, as they almost certainly, have been!

More blah, blah and wasting taxpayers' funds won't cut it, nor will more of the same old, same old porkies!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 17 August 2023 1:23:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I had a conversation with several young Germans a few days ago & when I expressed my dismay at what society is developing into here they chuckled un-funnily & told me "You should see the idiocy going on in Europe now'.
One thing we all agreed on was that the cause of it all is the Leftists ! If only all the Lefties got together in a country of their own, wouldn't that be a great comedy to watch ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 18 August 2023 7:39:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan, if thorium is such an easy and cheap process why has no one
taken it up anywhere ?
I know that there has been thorium reactors built so there are no
secrets there. I remember the Indian government was building one some
years ago, but nothing further. Did see something about they need
some uranium to get them started.
There has got to have been a good reason why they are not here now.
Posted by Bezza, Sunday, 20 August 2023 3:44:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy