The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time for MBS to come clean on Hashemite Kingdom of Palestine > Comments

Time for MBS to come clean on Hashemite Kingdom of Palestine : Comments

By David Singer, published 8/8/2023

The possibility of Israel and Saudi Arabia doing a peace deal rests on the shoulders of one man - Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed Bin Salman (MBS).

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Obama driest wish it, therefore it won’t happen.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 8 August 2023 8:02:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sure, Israel and Saudia Arabia should sign a peace deal, no point Israel and Saudia Arabia going to war. Just lose, lose all round.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 8 August 2023 3:11:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Alan B.,

While I am disappointed with Diver Dan who started the comments, I thank you for not being the first.

War between Israel and Saudi Arabia is not on the cards anyway, nor has there ever been one.

However, Saudi Arabia signing a peace deal with Israel at this point in time, would provide legitimacy to the criminal Netanyahu who now attempts to eliminate Israel's High Court so he can become a dictator and stay in power forever; and to his Nazi coalition partners that encourage and protect Israelis who initiate pogroms in innocent Arab villages of the West Bank. I don't think they deserve such a reward.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 8 August 2023 3:51:19 PM
Yuyutsu

It costs the US $4b dollars a year in aid, in order to manipulate Israeli domestic issues.

That’s the tussle you complain of continually.

SA is hamstrung in a similar way with US interference.

You shouldn’t complain; Obama hasn’t left the White House, which suits your side of the argument.

Israel had U.S. lackeys in Bennett and Lapid. You should know why Israelis threw them out, to be replaced with Netanyahu. Be realistic.

And I’m not a Democrat, where as you obviously are, but you will proceed to furiously deny it.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 8 August 2023 10:14:49 PM
Dear Diver Dan,

I am not an American, but by the way you write you seem to be one.

America is not in my thoughts. Israel is.

Israel did not throw out Lapid and Bennett.

Both contributed a lot to Israel during their year in office, but predictable demographic currents are at work where orthodox Israelis bring more children on average, who now turned 18, giving Netanyahu a tiny majority, that too only with the help of electoral technicalities.

Bennett, now retired from politics, is no less right-wing than Netanyahu, but unlike him he is an honest and humble person.

Netanyahu's party used to be honourable and respectable, but has since been corrupted. Among the angry protesters are many former Likud ministers, including the son of Likud's legendary founder, Menachem Begin.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 8 August 2023 11:07:01 PM
Yuyutsu

At times you’re frustratingly blind to political realities, and especially on the subject of US interference in ME politics and its effects on Israeli security.

I guess it’s a case of “ can’t see the woods for the trees”.

But outside of that, I’m a supporter.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 9 August 2023 9:12:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy