The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Barbie pathologies: it’s all about a doll > Comments

Barbie pathologies: it’s all about a doll : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 31/7/2023

Mattel's Barbie has become, courtesy of Greta Gerwig, a talking point so silly it deserves to be treated trivially. But money, advertising, and Mattel, won't allow that.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Unlike you, Binroy I have no interest plastic dolls. And never ever had. My dolls are living dolls that walk and talk without any electronics. Other than that, Barbie has been making Martel billions since the first model hit the market.

Little girls and some big ones have been queuing for decades to get the next model or fashion statement, like Barbie pink for example. Clever marketing and being able to understand the market has underpinned its success.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 31 July 2023 11:48:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Binoy Kampmark,

Mate, there is absolutely zero indication you have gone and seen the movie. A young mother I know has and she is keen to see it again.

Perhaps you should go and then tell us what you think and which perspective of the many you have mentioned hit the mark.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 31 July 2023 12:44:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A young mother I know has and she is keen to see it again.
Steeleredux,
God help those poor kids of hers !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 31 July 2023 6:00:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy