The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor must walk the talk on the Indigenous Voice > Comments

Labor must walk the talk on the Indigenous Voice : Comments

By Jim Green and Michele Madigan, published 17/7/2023

Currently, the government is ignoring the Barngarla Traditional Owners who are unanimous in their opposition to the government's plan for a national nuclear waste dump (or 'facility') near Kimba on South Australia's Eyre Peninsula.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Call me cynical but I suspect the non-indigenous authors of this piece are using aboriginal organisations for their own agenda. To my knowledge central Eyre Peninsula has not had much native use or occupation for more than a century so all this concern about radiation is somewhat contrived. I understand the Napandee property was a pastoral lease which normally precludes people besides the farmer from hunting and camping. Therefore claiming it as traditional land is a bit of stretch.

Most of the material going to Kimba is at Lucas Heights near Sydney or in hospital radiology departments. In other words it's close to millions of people. Seems they can cope but apparently not people who live nowhere near Kimba. This is the kind of thing that will embroil the Voice. If it fails the authors will have doe their bit to make that happen.
Posted by Taswegian, Monday, 17 July 2023 8:12:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As they are part of the community, they would not have been "excluded" - unless they excluded themselves in the mistaken belief that they are somehow special, and are entitled to special consideration, as activists and Albanese think they are.

This is just another 'let's-jump-on-the-Voice-wagon effort from known Leftist anti-everything activists. Nothing to do with the Voice, which should be voted down no matter what goes on near Kimba with uranium waste.

The area is perfect for the storage of uranium waste, and should be used for that purpose. It is not much good for anything else, and SA could use the revenue.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 17 July 2023 8:49:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Can anybody explain to dumb me what this "voice" is supposed to do and how it may/may not affect me?
Are we in the 21st century or what?
Posted by ateday, Monday, 17 July 2023 11:00:04 AM
ateday

We are in the 21st. Century, but we are going back to the Middle Ages, politically and socially.

The Voice will do nothing for anyone but the fat cats already in the aboriginal industry, plus Albanese in his march to totalitarianism via division of society.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 17 July 2023 11:43:14 AM
ttbn,
Thank you. I suspected as much but am anxiously waiting for the, no doubt extremely informative and easy to understand, leaflet which is supposed to be "in the mail".
Posted by ateday, Monday, 17 July 2023 3:00:32 PM
That article sounds like a lining up for more $$ into the pockets of people with no interest whatsoever about the concerns of the indigenous !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 17 July 2023 3:13:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy