The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The unforgetting Spirit and the Voice to Parliament > Comments

The unforgetting Spirit and the Voice to Parliament : Comments

By Craig Thompson, published 24/5/2023

Australian society is presently in the grip of a call to uncomfortable memory: remember that colonisation was very often a violent process and continues to be radically disruptive.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Clearly you are an empathiv and compassinate citizen However the recognition that evil things were done in the past does not mean we have an obligation to accept a racist division of the nation by the Trojan Horse The Voice. Our indigenous brothers and sisters in Christ deserve an honest recounting of the events of the past and an honest assessment of their own cultural practices No culture is sacred There are times in every culture when human beings rationalise their own wants and claim it as spirit-led The real saints of any culture are those who rise above and beyond the limitations of their particular cultural background because their close union with the Divine Creator of all things as represented by the Triune Father Son and Holy Spirit via a life of reflective prayer and fulfillment of the Beatitudes leads them to be able to reject cultural practices which go against the Spirit The indigenous people already have a voice via Parliament and various bodies set up to represent them The Voice being proposed is inherently racist setting one group apart from all others The fruits of the Holy Spirit are gentle and peaceful There is nothing gentle or peaceful about the push for The Voice.
Posted by Truth Seeker, Wednesday, 24 May 2023 9:17:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Modern Australians cannot "remember" anything about colonialism. They weren't there. They have only historians' word for what it was like, and a lot of those types are continually rewriting history. They are ideologues more than historians.

History written at the time of colonialism, and not long after it, is not what is being preached today by a manipulative, Leftist academia. The few historians left to tell the truth based on original documents have been cancelled.

There is a lot of gobbledygook in this piece, with a vague reference to the Uluru Statement from the Heart at the end.

Jesus, memory, spirit, have nothing to do with the Statement, which is a concocted, political grab for power based on a similar confidence trick out of South Africa.

Christian thinking will have a place in the thinking of some people when they vote on the race-based Voice referendum. But, the organised, lefty church bureaucracy propaganda should be ignored: it went loony left long ago.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 24 May 2023 9:32:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, I’ve long ago given up hope for Democracies hollow promises.

We need only look to the current state of the US for a future view of our own.

Over there, blacks may freely roam in gangs under the rainbow flag of equality, looting and burning at will, and then…reparations for past sins committed by slave traders (Democrats),

Over here, and in Melbourne, the same black gangs from the Horn of Africa, roam the streets unmolested by police committing the same atrocities.

Soon it will be reparations for Aboriginals, the Voice is simply a less than disguised further step towards the ultimate aim of placating the Black Gods of Secularism!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 24 May 2023 9:50:06 AM
I for one, take no personal responsibility for what the crown did 200 years ago in Australia. Or what politicians did in our name since then.

Preferential voting meant that I had little say in those outcomes.

So, what is it the I and almost every other Australian must repent.

The PM said sorry, and it was written in the sky by skywriters, and we marched in solidarity on sorry day.

Moreover, the interpretation of the words in the BOOK leave much to be desired.

This article is, I believe, out and out black armband history and is economical with the truth. And as such will put peoples' backs up and harm the yes case. And the possible intention. And personally offensive!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 24 May 2023 11:35:08 AM
Who knows what evil use Albanese has for the Voice, if it gets up. The one thing you can be sure of the whole scheme is not to do anything good for the bush aboriginals.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 24 May 2023 12:22:35 PM
I wrote this BEFORE I read the other posts.
I did this so I used only my own ideas.
I wrote...
This is a snow job.
The only memory important to us is the one we ourselves generate.
Only living persons have a living memory.
History is interesting, and can provide knowledge we might find useful.
Otherwise, it is of absolutely no consequence.
None of us were there in historical times.
None of us knows for sure what happened or didn't happen.
We can usually learn something from past events we know about, but we live firmly in the here and now.
The concept that I am writhing in agony today, because of some injury or hardship suffered by an ancestor, is absurd.
We are all born with a clean slate.
There are those who instil guilt and anxiety in to people as they grow, in an attempt to control them.
That is reprehensible.
Fortunately, genuine knowledge and education are bringing people out of their stupor.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Wednesday, 24 May 2023 2:05:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy