The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A letter from Julian Assange to King Charles III > Comments

A letter from Julian Assange to King Charles III : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 9/5/2023

Assange still languishing in prison for exposing the truth.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
He is 'languishing' because he has chosen to ' languish' when he could have fronted up, taken his punishment, and been free by now.

There is no one less deserving of sympathy than Assange.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 9 May 2023 8:28:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Even after so many years of reading about Assange I still haven’t been able to find what he actually disclosed & why ! ‘Exposing the Truth’ doesn’t tell us what this truth is.
Anyone care to enlighten us ?
If I were to support his bid for freedom I really would like to be informed of what he did that is so bad.
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 9 May 2023 8:40:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What ttbn says.

Truth!?

Classified documents and against the law.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 9 May 2023 10:56:34 AM
Firstly, I don't think he wrote the letter.
It doesn't have the right 'flavour'.
Secondly, are we entitled to know EVERYTHING a government does on our behalf?
I say YES we are.
I just don't see that our paid representatives should be allowed to withhold information from us.
At least not forever
Maybe sometimes it is necessary to delay the release of information.
However, within a practical time frame, it should all be revealed to those who want to know.
So Julian was only telling us what the citizens are entitled to know anyway.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Tuesday, 9 May 2023 11:55:20 AM
The alternative, SECRECY, can and does hide objectionable decisions and actions by those in government.
And those actions can be hidden indefinitely.
The public are entitled to know everything, so they can readily assess the 'worthiness' of a government.
The truth is, the government is wary of admitting everything it does.
It knows full well that critical voters can cause them loss of face and embarrassment.
It must know full well that its actions are sometimes 'borderline' or beyond.
So it makes laws to hide what it does.
This is one case where I see that such laws should have no effect.
It is absurd that paid representatives should be allowed to evade scrutiny.
And do so simply by passing a law, and making life hell for those who disagree.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Tuesday, 9 May 2023 12:11:59 PM
Australians must protest and reject AUKUS and Anglo-American imperialism which seeks to ruin Julian Assange. Freedom to Julian Assange. We stand with you to defend our democracy, human rights and new despotism.
Posted by Macedonian advocacy, Tuesday, 9 May 2023 4:20:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy