The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Energy wars: outing the Nord Stream saboteurs > Comments

Energy wars: outing the Nord Stream saboteurs : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 23/2/2023

The European Commission's Press Officer Andrea Masini has opted for the line that revelations from an investigative reporter are less trustworthy than official investigations.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Rule out the Russians. They need the money.
Rule out the Germans, they need the gas for industry and other domestic needs.
Rule out the Chinese, they follow Putin.
So who dun-it, the US or Ukraine?
Rule out Ukraine since they need German support for “their” war.
So it looks suspiciously like a US job.
Maybe that’s suspicious in itself. So who wants the job to look like a US act of sabotage?

I think there is the answer.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 23 February 2023 8:54:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Caught in a trap of their own making. Could have opted for cheap as chips, nuclear power, i.e., MSR thorium and ended all reliance on fossil fuels, but no.

Had to privatize and look after the paper shuffling, profit demanding middleman and fuel excise. Couldn't see how vulnerable that made them. Stupidity reigned supreme!

Could have opted for a swarm of small plants doing double duty and eliminating most of the poles and wires as a bonus as well. Along with vastly reduced transmission and distribution losses! A win, win all round except for the, greed is good, middleman and the stupid as a phuck wit, jerk water, taxman.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 23 February 2023 10:25:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gas, biogas, i.e., methane, can be made for almost nothing from most wasted organic waste, in industrial sized digestors.

If misplaced trust had been eliminated along with the greed is good middlemen, that's what should have happened. And given it didn't happen, hoisted on their own petard!

Trust a commie even a allegedly reformed one? NEVER EVER!

Trust yes, but look!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 23 February 2023 10:33:39 AM
D.D. I wouldn't rule out the highly duplicitous Russians, i.e., Putin. Who would do it then scapegoat the US. As you have! And without anything more than your well known, pro-Russian, speculation!

I mean where did that brand new, nuclear powered, Russian sub go and for what covert purpose! It was in the area at the time and had the necessary on-board ordinance. It could have dropped a timed package then headed under the artic ice to hide from satellite surveillance for months. Might be still there?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 23 February 2023 10:59:33 AM
Biden emphatically stated he would do it long before it happened.
Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Seymour Hersh wouldn't rely on second-hand testimony of just one person.
- He'd have numerous sources and would've verified the info.

Also there were mass protests in Germany for several days prior to the explosions demanding that Germany open Nordsteam 2, and Norway opened it's own pipeline to Europe the day after the explosions.

Finally the west has opposed Russian involvement in an investigation, and tried to stop Russia's bid for an independent UN investigation, which even China has come out in support of, instead preferring a 'private investigation' conducted by NATO allies Sweden, Denmark and Germany.
Germany itself stated that it's unlikely Russia wasn't involved prior to the release of Sy Hersh's article.

I think the journalism is quite detailed and extremely credible.

Seymour Hersh - Nordstream attack article and interviews below:

How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline
http://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

Reporter Seymour Hersh on "How America Took Out the Nord Stream Pipeline": Exclusive TV Interview - Democracy Now
http://youtu.be/d4BuMaGlKp0

Seymour Hersh - How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline
http://youtu.be/FQMdQLjI-Tk
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 23 February 2023 11:04:24 AM
"Germany itself stated that it's unlikely Russia wasn't involved prior to the release of Sy Hersh's article."

CORRECTION - I meant to say:
Germany itself stated that it's unlikely Russia WAS involved prior to the release of Sy Hersh's article.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 23 February 2023 11:10:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy