The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Can our Pacific neighbours help meet our defence force manpower shortage? > Comments

Can our Pacific neighbours help meet our defence force manpower shortage? : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 18/11/2022

But why should not young Papua New Guineans - men and women - be offered the chance to join the ADF.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Is this a joke?
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 18 November 2022 7:27:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is this a joke?
ttbn,
I'm afraid it isn't ! Whitlam's legacy is still ruining Australia's majority mentality. Australia has some brilliant thinkers & doers however, this mentality of shirking ANY kind of responsibility yet demand those who pay Taxes support their short-comings is still a very, very scary majority !!
The ONLY way is to deny support when support is clearly not needed. There should be very few choices for those young unemployed to obtain support. They have the choiuce of either stay home with their parents, join a national Service or simply grab ANY work there is available for immediate employment. This insidious "it's my choice" is fine as long we taxpayers can have our choice whether or not we support your choice or not !
I & many of my age had no choice in what work was available, we simply took a job, worked at it & when the opportunity arose to get a better job we took it ! Of course the big Goaf facilitated freeloading to a great extent & this is what caused the me, me mentality that is now so hard to shake off !
Training other Nations' soldiers is like leaving your keys on the front gate !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 18 November 2022 7:50:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bring back the Nashos......
Posted by ateday, Friday, 18 November 2022 8:20:35 AM
Ho Ho.

Here is the rub. Uncle Sam is mad. Not only mad, but has grown more evil and corrupt. It’s refreshing to see the young of recruitment age also recognise the fact and have sense enough to avoid the US plague of corruption and mismanagement.

The next step for a Government pretending we are not aware of the obvious, is conscription.
Try that one on us and the truth is bound to escape.

As for recruiting those poor souls soon to be suckers to a lost cause in the Islands, usury at its worst!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 18 November 2022 8:22:16 AM
Perhaps this clown should have a look at what happened to Rome, when she included foreign nationals in the legions.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 18 November 2022 10:05:37 AM
Hasbeen,
I think a better comparison would be the British Army, which recruits a lot of soldiers from Commonwealth countries including Australia.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 18 November 2022 11:01:56 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy