The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The magnificent legend of Hudson Fysh > Comments

The magnificent legend of Hudson Fysh : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 15/11/2022

Exactly 100 years ago this month, a passionate aviator, Hudson Fysh, flew a light plane that carried just one passenger out of a rough airfield at Cloncurry in north western Queensland.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services
Posted by Aspley, Tuesday, 15 November 2022 10:55:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I sometimes look back over my lifetime, and compare it to time which came before.
History is full of 'characters' and 'achievers' who leave their mark.
They do things which made them memorable. Not always good things I might add.
Did I miss out on living amongst such 'giants'?
No, I did not.
Throughout my lifetime, and even right now, there are men and women who lead the way.
They have vision and imagination, and enough drive to achieve a great deal of good.
They have filled my life with their antics and the great examples they set.
I am fortunate to have lived at this time, and to have seen them in action.
My life is enriched by their presence.
To those who came before, such as the honorable Mr Fysh and his Aerial Service, we can extend a similar level of admiration.
They too blazed a new trail for us to follow.
They showed us how it could be done if we wanted to do it.
So Mr Fysh and his kind are more than achievers. They are also teachers and leaders.
If none of them had lived, we would look back on a very dull human existence.
My Fysh is no longer with us.
However, we should be thankful he came, and did what he did, before he departed.
His effort left us with something worthwhile.
It benefits all of us.
Fortunately, those of his kind continue to lead us today.
So thank you Mr Fysh, and all who are like you.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Tuesday, 15 November 2022 1:13:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Too old my ass! Tell that jerk water running quaint ass to go stick his head where the sun never shines. This is what we get when we put foreigners in charge of Aussie icons. That and our intellectual property simply given away by some, couldn't give a rats, foreigner.

It's not as if we didn't have world class talent here. It's just we don't mentor and develop that which we have. And as a consequence, pay through the nose for some ruthless second rate non-Australian!

We had the best, safest, most profitable airline in the world when we ran it with Australians, top to bottom. Hudson Fysh would be turning in his grave as would Curtain and Cheifly.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 15 November 2022 2:40:25 PM
In today's world, we have 'giants' in many spheres.
In Industry, Science, Art, Entertainment, Medicine. The list goes on and on.
We have the advantage of knowing more about them because of modern day communication.
Which in itself is one of the advantages wrought by those who came before.
Some in society do more than twiddle their thumbs.
They get up and get on with it.
They do this because they have vision, curiosity, and can see how to engineer a benefit.
We are writing here at this site because those 'giants of innovators' did what they did.
All the noise and nonsense going on around us sometimes obscures the great benefits our society enjoys.
We need to stop and think now and then: remember just where we are, and those who got us here.
But I don't think 'kicking the laggards to the kerb' helps to improve our lot.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Wednesday, 16 November 2022 12:42:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy