The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Royal money: Charles III and the wealth dimension > Comments

Royal money: Charles III and the wealth dimension : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 19/9/2022

Once the fixated adoration with the late Queen Elizabeth II starts cooling, the accountants of public welfare and decency will be stunned to realise the costs and wealth associated with the royal institution.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Ho Ho. The price of freedom!

Next objective for idle navel gazers, the real cost of the “Republic” as alternative. All very academic.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 19 September 2022 9:17:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, apparently, the Queen was once the richest woman in the world and for a long time, the royal family paid no income tax at all? And like all obscenely rich folk, would seem to be getting richer as the poor get poorer.

And would seem to be totally disconnected from the real world and struggle street? If the family members had to do a day's real work in a coal mine or some such? It'd probably kill them?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 19 September 2022 9:57:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan,
Not the King, after all he survived being a sailor, was Captain of a Royal Navy ship, was a commando, a parachutist, jet pilot and a successful farmer.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 20 September 2022 1:19:13 PM
All very admirable, we're sure.
But he was never deployed to a combat zone and his
medals are not for active service in combat.
He's not King Arthur that's for sure.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 5:20:04 PM
Foxy
No soldier gers medals for being in combat except the few who are awarded bravery medals for actual acts.
Medals are awarded for being on active service, which may well be in an area where there is no fighting at all.
Whilst on active service I heard plenty of shots but was rarely in danger.

King Charles III wears relatively few medajs, I think I may have one less than he and half of mine are BS medals that were awarded to make the Government look good.

A true assessment of the King, is that when he was Prince of Wales he was appointed Colonel in Chief of the Parachute Regiment, a purely honorary position, he insisted that he do the completr parachute course as he felt that he should not wear the distinctive Red Berret and the Para Wings unless he was truly entitled to them.
Takes guts to do the course let alone jump.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 10:23:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy