The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The taboo topic > Comments

The taboo topic : Comments

By Steven Schwartz, published 18/8/2022

Banning classroom discussions of

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
What normal person wants to talk about suicide!
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 August 2022 8:59:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How exquisite to see the dog-pack running from itself!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 18 August 2022 9:07:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'The truth is that we all feel guilty and ashamed when someone we know commits suicide.'

Utter rubbish. I've never ever felt that.

I feel and say loudly here, Suicide is the cowards choice. I just pity the coward. It was their choice,

WE had nothing to do with it.

We used to not talk about it for that reason. not because ... well the wishy washy excuses the author throws out.
If that was put about rather than 'treatments', there would in all likelihood be less suicides.

The invidious acceptance that meddling only has positive outcomes whereas in fact it could just, as a nuance, be as easily the pandering to a pretender looking for attention, isn't even considered.

That view that such help aims at satisfing the 'helper's' ego, would just as likely be seen or sensed by the coward and then ignored by the coward, is never ever considered.

'But oh, at least we had tried ...' did I hear you say?
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 18 August 2022 9:34:29 AM
I disagree with all the above comments! Suicide is never without cause or causers. For every effect there is a cause and for every cause their is an effect!

Young gay men raised as devout Christians seem to predominate as they're brain washed to believe their natural, God given sexual bias is evil and something they choose!

Those that persecute them with their BS beliefs are the cause factor! And wave away their role with BS claims that people choose suicide. And absolute BS rubbish, people who take their own lives are driven to it!

One suicide is one too many! Let truth and irrefutable evidence decide what we force other to believe not medieval Witch-doctors pointing bones, i.e. fundamental religious fanatics claiming to know the mind of the creator!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 18 August 2022 11:19:41 AM
Suicide is the cowards choice.
imajulianutter,
That's just typical of Uni indoctrinated nonsense. For someone to take that final step things are going terribly bad due to mainly other people, particularly those who don't give a second thought. These uncaring are mostly in authority & the public service.
The only time people end their life voluntarily is due to terminal illness. All other suicides are brought on by the above-mentioned ! Just read up on the doings of outfits such as Centrelink, the Judiciary, family law courts, child protection rackets, Insurance companies, EPA, Councils etc.
They're the ones driving decent people to that point !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 18 August 2022 11:20:17 AM
In cases where life is unbearable, there seems little hope of it getting better and there is no one who would be disturbed by your suicide why not commit suicide? If anything is ours to do with as we will it is our life. Suicide may be our best option. If Hitler, Alexander the Great, Torquemada and others who caused great misery by their acts had committed suicide before they did what they are noted for doing much suffering would have been avoided.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 18 August 2022 11:53:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy