The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The zealot conservative news outlets shatter the virtue of free speech > Comments

The zealot conservative news outlets shatter the virtue of free speech : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 2/8/2022

By continuing to defend Trump and his followers, downplaying, or simply ignoring the events of January 6 and what led up to it, Fox News is pressing our Republic ever closer to self-dissolution and authoritarianism.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A handful of disorganised rabble, does not an insurrection make.
What does make for an insurrection is an attack on Democratic processes by an organised well thought out and coordinated plan to overthrow a legitimately elected Republican Government of Donald Trump.

Until that injustice is resolved, there’ll be no peace.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 2 August 2022 8:13:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm at at a total loss to understand why Donald Trump continues to have any support at all in the United States of America. It seemed fairly obvious to me before the election, but after ?
Posted by snake, Tuesday, 2 August 2022 9:07:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Free speech does not include a right to promulgate patent falsehoods! And even more so if you're a media outlet, which should seek to be a teller of truth, not pork pies! The USA is not Nazi Germany!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 2 August 2022 10:29:34 AM
Snake. simply put, one can fool some of the people all the time! That that group has an average IQ that's little better than the ambient temperature, goes without saying! No names no pack drill.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 2 August 2022 10:33:29 AM
Snake,
I suppose it depends on peoples' experiences. Vote Conservative if you're working for a living, vote Democrat if you're on the Public Service bandwagon. Simple really !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 2 August 2022 11:22:48 AM
I was woken up to the amount of manipulation that goes on when I heard
two versions of Trumps speach before the crowd went off to raid their
capital building.
There was one word different the very last word; "Peacefully"
Obviously I cannot prove that as I was not expecting to have to repeat it.
Even video reports can't be trusted these days.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 2 August 2022 11:57:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy