The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Beyond spin > Comments

Beyond spin : Comments

By Steven Schwartz, published 21/6/2022

Advertising, hype, and brand management are all the rage at universities, and I am as guilty as anyone. Bless me, father, for I too have 'spinned'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Personally, I live for the day the peasants revolt with its inevitable sacking of universities, burning of their books and destroying all evidence of other weaponised educational infrastructure.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 21 June 2022 10:22:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Beyond spin is fraught with examples like those highlighted by the author, but none more so than our energy market and the providers spinning like tops!

And in the main by tax avoiding, price gouging, profit repatriating foreigners.

I won't single out clearly incompetent master spinners, state governments, some of who use power reticulation as their own personal ATM!

How to stop this rot in our system?

Well by announcing the impending rollout of MSR thorium as systems that are deployed on double hulled locally built barges, that can be towed wherever the waterways allow.

Then connected to the grid and putting 1 cent PKWH into the wholesale market.

And as the model for the future a build of one complete system every six months, doable. And also able to supply an energy starved export market as far as the eye can see.

Those power providers that are spinning like tops and clearly gaming the market, will understand their survival as market providers relies on them getting back into the competition as competing for your energy dollar, suppliers!

Simply put, any government that announces a transition to publicly owned nuclear power will put these, whatever the market will bear, foreigners on notice that until and unless they stop operating as a cooperating energy cartel! But as providers competing as never before for your business.

They could be left with stranded assets and a mountain of debt! Which will mean those assets could be seized and sold at fire sale prices.

Moreover, some suppliers are ready willing and able to supply SMR, MSR technology to the market now. And able to use their market advantages to corner the market!

Again, this will ensure the energy cartel is divided and once again seriously competing for your energy dollar!

Beyond spin indeed!
Alan B
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 21 June 2022 10:45:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's not before time these spin factories are made accountable for the damage & financial & social costs to society !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 23 June 2022 4:28:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy