The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Julian Assange & the empire of illusions > Comments

Julian Assange & the empire of illusions : Comments

By Adam Henry, published 31/5/2022

In all the debate about Assange, one simple fact is overlooked, no one attacks the accuracy of what Wikileaks has published, no one suggests these documents are not real.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The US is either in a long hiatus of sanity, or a permanent state of insanity.

That view will depend on who and where you are, and what’s in it for you; but either way the view is the same!

And as that sentence implies, not much makes sense in the good o’l USofa.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 31 May 2022 8:42:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Get over Assange.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 31 May 2022 9:19:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do the crime, do the time! Alleged rapist Julian published stolen top secret documents. And all the excuses in the world won't change that.

Yes the CIA are active in the world, so are the Chinese and Russian counterparts, with even worse human rights records that in comparison make the CIA look like choir boys! We are all governed by laws and regulations and an official secrets act!

We have to drive on the left! Imagine if some of us decided we didn't like that and drove on the right!? Laws are inacted for good reasons, even if you disagree!

And if a Russian operated puppet breaks those laws, then he needs to answer for his willing involvement! We also now know that the Taliban carried out thousands of reprisals when they were reinstated as the government! So to claim that Julian's exposes didn't create harm are not only not proven, but unclaimable/even the likely outcome!?

The man spent 13 years in self imposed isolation trying to avoid standing up for rape crimes. This worm doesn't deserve pity given he's a grub who believes he is above the law as do those who continue to support him.

I say, let him be extradited to the USA and face the music and the outcome, whatever it is. As you and I would have to if we did as he did!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 31 May 2022 10:22:31 AM
Nothing wrong with telling the truth.
Posted by ateday, Tuesday, 31 May 2022 10:42:47 AM
Greed is a tremendous motivator: always follow the lucre. Some ancient wise guy made the observation that there's nothing nothing new under the sun. The twisted history of my country goes back further:
"I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism."

Smedley Butler, USMC, Ret. 1881-1940
"War Is a Racket". Smedley Butler's speech in the U.S. (1933); later published as a book "War Is a Racket", www.businessinsider.com. 1935.
Posted by legoof, Tuesday, 31 May 2022 11:21:05 AM
ttbn and Alan B.
I think you're both full of it on this issue.
Assange isn't a US citizen so he isn't party to their laws.

What about the East Timor fiasco, when our government was spying on them to make a land grab on maritime borders, did anyone here face the music?

But that's ok, the US spies on everyone.
They were spying on Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy.

Assange didn't break laws, he didn't hack into the US, he was given information no different than if 'A Current Affair' received info that made for a good story to investigate and expose.
They tried to get him on conspiracy to hack via Bradley Manning, but he didn't do it.

The Obama administration wasn't going to prosecute him for anything, until he released Podesta emails and cost Hillary the Presidency, and made her look bad to the Wall St goons she made promises to.

But most of all, I'm fairly certain this is ALL about Seth Rich.
Who was the real leaker of the DNC server prior to the 2016 US Presidential election, it wasn't a Russian hackers.
(You know the one Trump was looking for, that they moved the Ukrainian US Embassy.)
Hillary had Seth Rich killed, Assange got the DNC server info from him and that's why they wanted to assassinate him too.

You can bet that any court where he's tried will be closed and we won't get to hear any of his defense.
They'll Epstein him before they allow that, 100% guaranteed.

What if Australia was bombing the crap out of a foreign country, unlawfully killing innocent civilians and journalists and someone from another country exposed it?
Would you want them dead too, or would you like to know what really happened?
- Based on the money spent on the court case of Ben Roberts Smith, I think wrongdoing is considered a matter of public interest, or are you both hypocrites?

But this is about the Podesta emails, Seth Rich, and Hillary losing the election in 2016, I'd bet on it.

- Great article Adam Henry.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 31 May 2022 11:42:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy