The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why Albo wins, and ScoMo loses, with women voters > Comments

Why Albo wins, and ScoMo loses, with women voters : Comments

By Graham Young, published 18/5/2022

When you have an election where one side has been in power for nine years, and appears to have run out of plans, and the other side fear any plan could lose them the election, you are left with nothing but personalities.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
"you are left with nothing but personalities".

And pretty awful personalities at that. Let's call them 'egos'.

Giving the vote to women was always a mistake. Well, those under 50, at least.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 18 May 2022 9:38:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank God there are just 3 more days of this BS to tolerate. Pre-polling is at record numbers as most folk, men and women had decided who they would vote for.

And as for stats and analysis, you can throw them out with the trash. Labor was ahead, but the latest polls show the gap is narrowing and with both parties now neck and neck.

And doesn't matter who wins, we'll always get a politician.

Sadly this election seems to be fought on personalities when it is deliverable policy and the contest of ideas that should the outcome!

Like many I have already cast my ballot and have selected candidates that I would not have looked at previously, given like most voters, it's a pox on both your houses and the sheer paucity of new ideas in either liberal or labor!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 18 May 2022 10:12:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lets go just one step further & say women of that demographic really like a man to be dumber than they are. They like one they can bamboozle, keep off balance & control. Well in Albo they definitely have one they are smarter than.

Our problem is that as a PM he will be equally bamboozled by China, & we will be all at sea with him.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 18 May 2022 1:28:40 PM
Well that is a perspective I hadn't thought existed, thinking Morrison an Alpha male?

I see him as weak, conniving, bullying, and unprincipled with an arrogance which is driven by his insecurities. We have all met them in the school yard, kids whose bluster attempts to hide those insecurities. Morrison is a shining example. Alpha" Definitely not.

Ah well, each to their own.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 18 May 2022 2:55:32 PM
This article is speculative BS, based on ignorant assumptions, from Albanese's TV persona. No one can rise to the top of a major political party in Australia by being a shrinking violet, both Albanese and Morrison included. Morrison is the architect of his own downfall with women voters. His 1950's 'Ozzie and Harriet', aka 'Scotty and Jan' show might have worked 50 years ago, but it just don't wash in today's modern Australia.

btw; If another Coalition Minister tells me that inflation in Albania, or some such place, is ten times higher than in Australia, or the minimum wage in Ethiopia is one hundredth that of Australia's, and home ownership in Venezuela is non existent, I'm going to put my foot through the telly.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 18 May 2022 3:11:29 PM
Morrison seems to have outsourced his sense of morality to his wife, needing her advice about thinking in terms of a father before acting on the alleged Brittany Higgins assault.

Deliberately avoiding attending a women's protest and mentioning that such events are sometimes met with gunfire plus his inaction over the "prayer room" didn't exactly endear him to female voters either.
Posted by rache, Thursday, 19 May 2022 1:15:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy