The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > History is against Albanese but does that matter? > Comments

History is against Albanese but does that matter? : Comments

By Tim O'Hare, published 18/5/2022

Albanese would be an unlikely Prime Minister. A former activist from Labor's Left faction it's fair to say that few would have ever seen him as a future leader let alone Prime Minister.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
"If the polls are to be believed". That was said before the last election. We will have to wait and see and, if we do get a change, hope there will be no more than three years of chaos before the Coalition - the Liberals really - get themselves back into gear, minus the reasons for their loss, Scott Morrison and the wringing wets.

Albanese is an appalling politician, and would/will be an even more appalling prime minister. But, given the political immaturity of the Australian electors, who are more interested in people than policies - especially women, we are told - then we are probably lurching towards the horrors of far left stupidity and incompetence. Won't Beijing be pleased! Not to mention people smugglers and shysters making billions out of windmills and solar panels, plus heavily subsidised electric cars.

"As Anthony Albanese braces himself for the election this Saturday ….". Australians are the ones who need to brace ourselves for the possibility of three years of hell.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 18 May 2022 10:00:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't trust the polls as they have been spectacularly wrong before!

Everybody has some good and bad history!
If Elbow wins? It'll be because he is not, I don't hold a hose, Scomo.

Thank God the TV and Radio BS ends tonight and the thing will be decided in just three days! and we can get back to the more important stuff, like what to have for breakfast or what colour the toilet paper should be?

Whoever wins is academic, as neither is equipped to handle the huge debt created downturn that is ahead.

Our economy is way too reliant on the value of over inflated real estate and as interest rates rise, as they will, that bubble will burst leaving us standing naked with SFA else to keep the economy going?

We've already used up all the pump priming that we safely could, just to stay afloat during the pandemic.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 18 May 2022 10:33:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah yes Alan, it is depressing.
On housing affordability I was thinking back to when I had been
married just one year.
I would have been delighted to be able to use a large lump of money
out of a pension fund or similar.
There we were without a house but expecting to have children over the
next few years.
The retirement was way off in the never never ! We would worry about
that when we got there.
As it turned out our kids had more money than we had.
How much better for our kids to be born into our own home and not a renter.
Our mortgage repayment was substantial, but time fixed that.
So my advice is GRAB IT !
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 18 May 2022 4:12:18 PM
On a different slant, we have a problem;
If Labour/Greens wins, especially if they need the greens votes, then
we will be fixed to the Green timetable on the switch to renewables.
Oil, gas and coal will be closed early as the Greens believe
renewables can do the job and even some problems have to be accepted
because the climate crisis is imminent.

However if Liberals win they will be reluctant to close oil, gas and
coal until they believe enough solar and wind are installed.
That will take an extra five years at least.

So my thought is it will be better if Labour wins, then the power
crunch will come much earlier before an enormous amount of money is
wasted on solar and wind by the Liberals.

Electric cars needing overnight charging will be the ultimate decider.
Labour will demonstrate conclusively that solar and wind can only be
an auxiliary source and that ultimately nuclear has to be the way to
go for the long term.
Physically large countries like Australia may be able to get solar and
wind to work but it would need a very large expansion of CSIRO's Trillion dollar grid to do it.
The sooner we get started the better.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 18 May 2022 4:40:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy