The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Relational aggression and researchers > Comments

Relational aggression and researchers : Comments

By Phillip Hickox, published 17/5/2022

It is extremely common today to find academic research papers that present men in a negative stereotypical manner and for the media to publish articles based on the findings of that particular research.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
No matter what "purpose (it serves) academic researchers to focus constantly on areas where men can be portrayed mainly as perpetrators and abusers", I am glad that I was born a male. Females - at least many of them - seem to have such enormous problems - that they bash our ears about ad nauseum. It must be really awful being a woman. And yet, there are males who want to be one!

Having been successfully married to the same wonderful woman for 54 years, I offer my condolences to all men under 50 years of age who have to deal with these disturbed females.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 17 May 2022 10:24:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Speaking of toxic masculinity and its latent potential for aggression, and the seeming decline of "real" white men too why not check out the essay titled Laugh at Tucker Carlson's Testicles All You Want - Is a Fascist Dream which is featured on Religion Dispatches website May 16th
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 17 May 2022 10:28:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I find little merit in the article which seem to equate male violence as almost equal to female bullies. And seems to make words by bullying females as almost as bad as the physical brutality of male perps

I remember when we said, sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me. And true no matter how clever or abusive.

People can choose to react or not or to be manipulated, even when the topic is/was a hot button issue. Walking away sometimes takes more courage and character than staying and having a barney!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 17 May 2022 12:46:18 PM
A little boy having a bath, points to his testicles and asks his mother, "Are these my brains?". "Not yet", replies the mother. A 'joke' by one of these toxic women.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 17 May 2022 1:20:48 PM
Maybe humans are beginning to mimic the behaviour of sharks.
Female sharks congregate in chosen areas called nurseries; and will not tolerate the intrusion by males into those nursing areas, (with the exception of juvenile males).

Following the lead of sharks, women could cordon off a designated area in each town, where law prohibits the intrusion of the dreaded male of the human species!
Good enough for Mother Nature!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 17 May 2022 8:48:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy