The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why men kill themselves > Comments

Why men kill themselves : Comments

By Bettina Arndt, published 9/5/2022

A few years earlier Wilton had given a speech to parliament pointing out that group most likely to commit suicide in this country were men like him – adult males struggling with marital separation.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The big question is: why do a few people of both sexes get themselves into situations that most people do not.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 9 May 2022 10:16:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
most people do not.
ttbn,
My guess is that "most people' don't have the mentality to suffer so much pain that they take that final step !
Posted by individual, Monday, 9 May 2022 10:51:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Divorce is a tough gig for men and tougher for them than women. This is what all the research tells us.

Part of this problem lies at the feet of adversarial lawyers whipping up their clients rage as a means to extract maximum results for the ladies and practice fees? Regardless of the emotional harm done to the men or their former partners.

Most divorced dads have disappeared from the scene in three years due to the harmful emotional stress that they need to endure by staying around. As one of the 10% that stayed, I wish now that I was one of those who left and started life anew. But for my religious beliefs would have ended my life long ago! And to avoid the ongoing temptation to still do it, sold my guns a long time ago.

Even so, never missed my kids birthdays, Christmas or graduations even with bandaids on a broken heart! Never allowed them to see my pain!

Now 78 and a long time brain cancer survivor trying to soldier on with a fractured hip and refractured spine and a serious heart condition I'm left to my own to care for my needs at home.

A nursing home would end my will to live given the inhumane conditions that prevail in too many of those (gulags for old folk) homes.

Today I receive more help from strangers than my " family" So, if you are going through a messy soul destroying divorce? Take my advice, move on and start anew! It'll hurt but less painful than my choice.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 9 May 2022 12:58:32 PM
Alan B

I’m into manufacturing violins. Most are ear-marked for flotsam and jetsam arriving on our shores from failed American wars, and to be played as a welcome around the shore line of this country, (I think some people still call it Australia, but by name alone)!
But by your account above, you almost qualify.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 9 May 2022 2:03:19 PM
Thanks Dan. Me on a violin? Well only if you want all the cats in the neighbourhood to join in an unholy meowl? Although I've always fancied a bit of a fiddle. On the roof. My mother was quite musical and used to play piano by ear. Her cauliflower ears, testament to her unusual skill.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 9 May 2022 6:27:10 PM
Hey Bettina,

- and ttbn
"The big question is: why do a few people of both sexes get themselves into situations that most people do not."

- and Alan B.
"Most divorced dads have disappeared from the scene in three years due to the harmful emotional stress that they need to endure by staying around. As one of the 10% that stayed, I wish now that I was one of those who left and started life anew."

I wonder if there's any correlation here with this information and statistics listed below.

http://fathers.com/statistics-and-research/the-extent-of-fatherlessness/

"More than 20 million children live in a home without the physical presence of a father. Millions more have dads who are physically present, but emotionally absent. If it were classified as a disease, fatherlessness would be an epidemic worthy of attention as a national emergency."

Look at the statistics:
http://www.rochesterareafatherhoodnetwork.org/statistics
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 9 May 2022 11:55:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy