The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Tibet used to be an independent sovereign state that survived more than a thousand years of existence between two civilizations, China and India. > Comments

Tibet used to be an independent sovereign state that survived more than a thousand years of existence between two civilizations, China and India. : Comments

By Chin Jin, published 14/3/2022

71 years of Chinese colonial rule in Tibet

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Among all the pontification about Ukraine, a timely reminder that there was no international support for Tibet.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 March 2022 9:20:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am sorry, but I simply do not understand why some autocrats need to dominate and enslave others, or possess their meagre resources!? Other than they themselves are governed by pure unadulterated evil?

And will scream for, mercy master, when their physical life ends and they find that the devil (evil incarnate) owns their souls.

As a returned from death survivor, I can report their is a hell and it is presided over by an entity so powerful and evil that it is terrifying beyond any comparative description. Even your worst nightmare pales into benign insignificance in comparison.

Time marches on and seems to quicken as we approach our remaining final days.

Sitting on hands doing nothing when you have the power to alter outcomes, is aiding and abetting, via neglect and also comes with an end of life price?

I mean, imagine a prewar Germany and a sniper's bullet hitting Herr Hitler between the eyes before he annexed any territory? And if that meant millions of innocent lives would have been spared could it have been justified as a good kill?

And is there a leader today, with enough internal fortitude to understand that sometimes, the taking of a single life may save millions of others and end before it starts, endless unimaginable suffering and loss of freedom?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 14 March 2022 12:14:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan,

I think you do understand. In the case of Tibet, the Chinese autocrats needed the water. India would like too, hence the border skirmishes between China and India.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 March 2022 12:25:03 PM
This is not meant as any sort of justification but it's not widely known that at the time it was invaded by the Chinese the nation of Tibet did not have a single school, hospital or paved road. The first school was opened in 1951 and before then any education was performed by monks without any structure or purpose other than cultivating officials or creating more monks.

The population was virtually living a serf-like existence under the thumb of a privileged ruling class, who fled with what wealth the country had.

Also the Falun Gong is not quite how it's portrayed in the media. They are a racially driven group who believe they are a "master race", that mixed races are doomed and inferior and whose leader has some pretty strange beliefs, such as the powers of invisibility and flight. He also claims that extraterrestrials are actively intervening in human affairs and technologies like flight and computers were given to humans by aliens as part of an alien plot to undermine morality.
Posted by rache, Tuesday, 15 March 2022 12:09:55 AM
Thanks Chin Jin for the article. The Dalai Lama does good work as does Falun Gong. I think that China needs to be divided into four independent parts as it's too big and too dominant- most Chinese identify with their regions anyway- seemingly it's only fear of the Communists that keep it together.
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 15 March 2022 9:28:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy