The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Publicly pillorying men > Comments

Publicly pillorying men : Comments

By Phillip Hickox, published 9/3/2022

International Women's Day, has become just another opportunity, because of the sins of a very small minority of men to lump all men under one umbrella as perpetrators and oppressors.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Any argument that you put up here falls apart when you look at the percentage of men who are convicted in rape cases.
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 9 March 2022 7:07:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In some families and workplaces women are the oppressors. Anyway according to Jordan Peterson inequality is inevitable- man needs values lead to hierarchies lead to inequality- men are different than women and so tend to fill different roles and have different power "sources".
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 9 March 2022 8:20:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is no government agency that deals with abuse against men. Men by definition are the perpetrators and women are by definition the victims- how is this objective and unbiased- it's not- pure prejudice!
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 9 March 2022 8:23:28 AM
I expect that young children are abused by women at least as much as by men- but they don't have a voice. Sometimes the solution is not to revert to the legal system to solve the problem but to appeal to standards of behavior and cultural norms through grass roots community based institutions. Patrick Deneen seems to believe this.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 9 March 2022 8:27:26 AM
I said to my wife last night: how many bloody International Women's Days are there? They seem to come around every month.

OK. It seems that way because we are always being beaten about the head with tales of how terrible life is for women, and what a rotten lot we men are. It's a part of identity politics and division: the stuff that is tearing society apart.

Personally, I think most women are fine, and most men are not ogres. But, I have to say that the more I hear from a few embittered harpies who have missed the bus, the more wary and uncomfortable I am around women.

Give a dog a bad name, and …..
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 9 March 2022 8:47:32 AM
While a tiny section of " women" may hate all men universialy!? I'm sure that is not the concensus among the other half of the human race!

In fact, I believe that most of the female population tolerate or like or love blokes. Particularly those new age men that are there when it matters, at the birth and there when there is housework to share!?

And we need to take care least the pendulum swings too far the other way! And simply create a nation of singles, who don't care for what commitment/family life entails?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 9 March 2022 11:02:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy