The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Moving the Office of the Pacific to Far North Queensland makes more strategic sense than ever > Comments

Moving the Office of the Pacific to Far North Queensland makes more strategic sense than ever : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 4/2/2022

But events in the last year, and more recently in the last month, simply add to the case for the move, to be undertaken as a major policy shift that is necessary to address the real and growing challenges in our region.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I disagree! In the near future we could see a new form of (gravity defying) heavy transport capacity emerge that can leave from anywhere and land anywhere, not to far ahead in time?

And fly on solar power with battery back up only. With the only (energy consuming) moving part being the vehicle. Thereby making the potential transport options viable and manufactured here. Earn annual trillions for Australia.

The envisaged speed limit? Just a tad under the speed of light? Albeit, That only practical in outer space. Here on planet earth there'd be a huge fraction, too much friction.

I see a time when the envisaged transport, will be able to move anything anywhere. Houses, hospitals, prefabricated whole bridges, even ones with fully loaded b/doubles and or road trains on them.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 4 February 2022 9:51:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One of the most profitable business models that exists is bulk shipping. Imagine that as being replaced with a take off from anywhere and land anywhere at speeds of mach one or two. Any owned and operated by Australian based conglomerates or co-op(s)

We'd first build the things here then corner the entire international transport market using free energy alone? Eat your heart out, China?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 4 February 2022 10:02:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AlanB : "In the near future we could see a new form of (gravity defying) heavy transport capacity emerge that can leave from anywhere and land anywhere, not to far ahead in time? ... The envisaged speed limit? Just a tad under the speed of light?"

Fascinating stuff! Can't wait for this to be widely available publicly. Maybe you can explain to us how it works? Make the explanation clear and simple so that even a dummy like me can understand. I'm all ears and eagerly waiting for more details. </sarc>

Sarcasm aside, to be fair there are current proposals/projects for heavy lift air transport that is cost effective and can leave and land anywhere. However, they are not very fast. Way slower than heavy lift winged aircraft but they can get from one place to another faster than ships. Basically, they're a modern version of turn-of-the-20th-century's airships, eg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwide_Aeros_Corp#Aeroscraft
Posted by thinkabit, Friday, 4 February 2022 10:48:57 AM
Just a tad under the speed of light?"
thinkabit,
yes well, how else could cops keep up with booking people for speeding ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 4 February 2022 12:15:39 PM
My ideal future would be one without Leftist morons not spoiling every day of our lives !
Posted by individual, Friday, 4 February 2022 12:16:37 PM
Thinkabit. Well magnetism is a much more powerful force than gravity. And I've conceived a way to harness that as a new solid state gravity defying engine.

Multiples of which would lift anything anywhere from anywhere. How it works? Well, you'll see when it flies! Other than that, a more indepth explanation is way above your pay grade and until someone shows me the money, my secret and intell property.

I believe it will provide lift and forward thrust plus braking and steering on land, air and sea the latter on or under. The last as Thorium, nuclear powered options?

And thrust us out beyond the solar system. On probable one way trips to other solar systems that won't see the travellers find an earth style planet? But maybe their kids or grandkids?

A warp engine and or an inter planet gateway may be possible to move goods, services and people in minutes, to those habitable planets. But we'll probably need highly educated folks and nuclear physics out there to achieve the latter?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 4 February 2022 6:51:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy