The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The mauling of Novak Djokovic > Comments

The mauling of Novak Djokovic : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 11/1/2022

Djokovic was always unwilling to reveal his vaccination status. His response to the pandemic has also been patchy, even cavalier.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
What fun the Silly Serb has provided for Covid-botherers, multiculturalists, critics of our immigration laws, and sports fans: "oppression and incompetent vulgarity"; "provincial opportunism and crass stupidity". And that 'nasty' Border Force. Wow! What a great opportunity to rubbish your own country and side with a foreigner. I'm presuming Binoy is an Australian, of course. It's certainly where he gets his bread and butter.

Good old "Fortress Australia" gets a run from Binoy. Lock down Australians, keep them from moving around in their own country, but don't dare to stop foreigners, who would be in serious trouble if they were oppressed Australians, from coming here.

I only hope that Alex Hawke has the guts to kick out the Serb, using 133(3), along with the other illegals Binoy threw in as a bonus whinge. We are stuck with Binoy.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 11 January 2022 10:24:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My brother always warned me about the misuse of the word 'irony'. Thus, I use it cautiously in the dramatic form, where the audience [the Australian and world population] can see the stupidity of the Australian government, however, that government [the actors in this play] do not realize how stupid they appear.

There are two good outcomes from this farce. Firstly, the Morrison government is shown up to be stupid, dumb and heavy-handed, using the military in its presentation of health advice to its people, like some dictatorship. Secondly, its treatment of refugees is deplorable, inhumane and unconscionable.
Posted by Cyclone, Tuesday, 11 January 2022 10:37:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
its treatment of refugees is deplorable, inhumane and unconscionable.
Cyclone,
How then would you describe the refugee's treatment by heir own who turned them into refugees ? Successful multiculturalists ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 11 January 2022 1:42:08 PM
Tell em' Indy, when you rocked up to our shores as a reffo some 50 years ago, we looked after you. We gave you a house, a cushy job, cash in your pocket and 50 years of taxpayer welfare.

On this topic, Morrison stuffed up, YET AGAIN! Before Xmas ScumO' and the clown in NSW were all gung-ho about opening up. They didn't count on Omicron, which they had failed to prepare for. In the pre Xmas context Djokovic was welcomed into Australia by the ScumO mob with open arms. Now things are out of control, ScumO is looking for a political out, and the Tennis Man is his political out.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 5:53:57 AM
Stopping Djokovic from playing is a weak and shameful un-Australian way of stopping him from winning.
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 5:02:50 PM
Bureaurcatic stuff up perhaps, but also the doctrine of the separation of powers in action. At least border force know the rules and have the balls to enforce them. I am sick of one rule for celebrities and another for us plebs. Novac can pack his racket and get lost. I couldn't care less how well he plays tennis, it is no reason for not being vaccinated as every other os visitor here must be without a valid medical exemption. Allowing this conspiracy nutter antivaxer to come here and play tennis would be showing contempt for the Australian public.
Posted by Fester, Thursday, 13 January 2022 7:57:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy